Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Body of High School Graduate Removed From Plane Crash Before Authorities Arrived, AZ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wrxpilot said:
If it's true that he was actually driving his dead son around to say his goodbyes to family members, that is just disgusting emotionally and physically.
But you gotta admit, that bit was hilarious in "Weekend at Bernie's".

I don't think the Dr. is going to escape without a lot of quirming
Wow. Hope they lube him first. :(

Minh

Jake was a friend of mine from school and the EAA chapter his family is a charter member of.

He died on impact...I'm not sure if I believe the report or not, but according to his family in TV interviews, he was avoiding another aircraft.

He crashed at Casa Grande Airport which doesn't have immediate ARFF response capabilities, thats why someone asked if they should call 911. Jake's dad and brother witnessed the crash, drove out and took him home to his mom and other brothers/sisters. It wasn't the dad that drove either, it was his brother while his dad held his son's body in the back of the truck.

"where did he get the plane?"
The plane was owned by the family but as the media reported, apparently expired.

There was a lot of ignorance involved in this, yes. A lot of weird circumstances also surround the family's history...nothing that would've directly contributed to the accident though. The story doesn't end with the dad and brother removing the body and taking it home. It gets far worse after authorities took control but I'll honor the family and not say more.

Rest in peace Jake.

gfvalvo said:
I understand your thinking, but it's a delicate balance. Remember, when you want to stop (or are stopped by impact) the energy that must be dissipated is proportional to the SQUARE of your speed. 15% more speed means 32% more energy.

You must be a hoot at a BBQ or cocktail party.

ERAUBrat3 said:
Jake was a friend of mine from school and the EAA chapter his family is a charter member of.

:erm: My condolences for the loss of your friend. I guess it is easy for us to lose sight of how small our community really is when we get caught up in the moment and begin to make light of a situtation should it fall outside our narrowly defined boundaries of normality. Unfortunately as we attempt to better understand the situation, we obviously have ignored the fact that regardless of the circumstances, a tragedy has occurred which will leave a deep and lasting impression on the lives of the people that are effected. :(

Puck Mugger said:
You must be a hoot at a BBQ or cocktail party.
You can ignore physics if you like. It really doesn’t care; it simply exists and will gladly kill you given the chance.

Stop by my next BBQ, baby back ribs and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale on tap.

guhhhhhh!

PHOENIX The mother of a 21-year-old student pilot who died in a plane crash says her husband did the right to remove their son's body from the crash site before authorities could investigate.
Jacob Lundell died on impact in the October 22nd crash at Casa Grande Municipal Airport. He crashed the family's 1961 Nord tailwheel trainerwhile doing solo touch-and-go maneuvers.

Deborah Lundell says Jacob lost control of the plane while heroically avoiding a second plane.

The incident received considerable attention because investigators found no body at the fatal crash scene.

Lundell's father, Paradise Valley surgeon Doctor Mark Lundell, witnessed the crash. He removed his son's dead body from the wreckage before investigators could arrive and then drove to his Paradise Valley home, where police were waiting.

Deborah Lundell says she would have fallen apart if she hadn't been able to hold Jacob one last time before he underwent an autopsy.

Latest resources

Back