Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Blue interview/stepping stone for FedEx?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hope JB is the last job I ever have. I've only been here about a year but I'm really happy. I am low man on the A320 line-holder totem pole but my schedule is still pretty good. We should hear about a raise for A320 FO's and E190 CA's by the end of the month, and a change in retirement for all pilots as well. We'll see what happens.

Our pay ain't the greatest but ain't awful. Once you get a line and start racking up the premium pay (anything over 70 hours in a month) it really makes a difference.

I don't drink the Flavr-Aid, I just really enjoy the job and fly with good people.

I don't drink the Flavr-Aid, I just really enjoy the job and fly with good people.

Yeah... what he said. I'm loving this job too. Its a huge difference from the regional I was at for 6 years. The job still involves airplanes and people, but I wouldn't want to fly pax for any one else.

I'm not making Fedex/UPS coin, but my 1st year W2 was within $3K of my last W2 which was 6th year Checkairman pay at a pretty good regional.

I love the job. What I meant by the comment was people will leave one place thinking the other is better....just to find out that its no better or worse then the place they just left. I am very happy here. Yes, I have my complaints like everyone else but for the most part I am happy.

Not trying to flame you guys so PLEASE don't be offended when I ask the following question. After reading several threads on jetBlue and considering; their less then robust compensation, commuting to JFK/crash pad in Queens, and little retirement, is jetBlue a company a prospective pilot should consider as a place he/she can retire from or a place that will see pilots padding their resumes then heading for the nearest exit when companies like FedEx call?

carefully stepping away from the computer and donning my flame suit,

johnny

Johnny,

We hope it will be a place to retire from one day. Our entire compensation package is weak, but we are a young airline and have a long way to go as far as pay and retirement goes.

I was at US Airways prior to JB for 15 years and had a 1 million dollar lump sum waiting for me at 60 and for a while an A320 FO was making $140/hr. That's all gone now.

Don't go to an airline based on what they offer now. Look at the management and the business plan, and try to guess what the future is for that job.

Just my views.

DW

Johnny,

We hope it will be a place to retire from one day. Our entire compensation package is weak, but we are a young airline and have a long way to go as far as pay and retirement goes.

I was at US Airways prior to JB for 15 years and had a 1 million dollar lump sum waiting for me at 60 and for a while an A320 FO was making $140/hr. That's all gone now.

Don't go to an airline based on what they offer now. Look at the management and the business plan, and try to guess what the future is for that job.

Just my views.

DW

Dw,

That is great advice!

Thanks

Wow, fifteen responses and not a single flame!!! You guys must be alright :D . Dogwood, your response reminds me of the struggles netjet guys had for several years. Those who stuck with netjets seem to be pretty happy these days. Someday maybe the same will be true for everyone at jetBlue.I will look foward to learning more about you guys and hopefully have a decision to make in the near future. A couple of buddies from a former life work for jetBlue. I will have to get in touch with them for LOR's.

johnny

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back