Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Blue interview/stepping stone for FedEx?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnny taliban

Blue retirement/stepping stone to FedEx?

Not trying to flame you guys so PLEASE don't be offended when I ask the following question. After reading several threads on jetBlue and considering; their less then robust compensation, commuting to JFK/crash pad in Queens, and little retirement, is jetBlue a company a prospective pilot should consider as a place he/she can retire from or a place that will see pilots padding their resumes then heading for the nearest exit when companies like FedEx call?

carefully stepping away from the computer and donning my flame suit,

johnny

Last edited:
Not trying to flame you guys so PLEASE don't be offended when I ask the following question. After reading several threads on jetBlue and considering; their less then robust compensation, commuting to JFK/crash pad in Queens, and little retirement, is jetBlue a company a prospective pilot should consider as a place he/she can retire from or a place that will see pilots padding their resumes then heading for the nearest exit when companies like FedEx call?

carefully stepping away from the computer and donning my flame suit,

johnny

Lately, looks like lots of guys are here until someone else calls. Moved up another 15 or so in Feb. Most are guys with recall rights, but I know of guys who left for CAL, SWA, FDX, and UPS. B6 is still a great place to work, but with the retirement issue, disparity in FO pay, and really no other choice than JFK to be based, I think you'll see lots more fellas leave when they get the chance.

The guys on the Captain side piss and moan about leaving, but in reality they aren't going anywhere. They will make more money/better schedule at JB rather than going back to the right seat at their legacy. The FOs, especially EMB guys/gals, will leave if something better comes along. CAL hiring has slowed down and EWR is no dream, night cargo if you can take it, LUV if you can get passed the interview, DAL if you want to sit reserve the rest of you natural life. I really don't see that many leaving.

The guys on the Captain side piss and moan about leaving, but in reality they aren't going anywhere. They will make more money/better schedule at JB rather than going back to the right seat at their legacy. The FOs, especially EMB guys/gals, will leave if something better comes along. CAL hiring has slowed down and EWR is no dream, night cargo if you can take it, LUV if you can get passed the interview, DAL if you want to sit reserve the rest of you natural life. I really don't see that many leaving.

Moved up 60 since Nov 1. If the average keeps up, that will be about 170 per year.

CAL hiring has not slowed down. Im pretty sure that they are not slowing down for the summer. We are short pilots.

JetBlue E190 CA Raise And A320 FO Raise

Watch the boards during the next 4-6 weeks..

There is going to be a fairly significant increase in pay rates/retirement package.

We're all waiting.

As far as coming here, talk to as many people as you can.

Its a very subjective, personal decision.
Everyone here has had a differing "experience" and differing "expectations" based on their hire date.

Carried 2 JetBlue jumpseaters over the last month, both of which said they were gonna take a march class back to United Airlines. Neither one really had anything bad or good to say about JetBlue! Kinda hard to figure out (talked like it was just another old regional airline job), however both seemed really glad on getting the hell out Blue (So I guess that says something).

Latest resources

Back