'Blue cleaning crew

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Boo,

No, sorry, I wasn't Delta. Former USAir dude. And the only reason we unloaded the cargo was the late night (after midnight) delayed arrival and the contracted ground crew wasn't set to arrive for another hour (normally our ground crews are like you, very prompt, but this happened because of company cutbacks and reductions). After enduring hours of wx delays that night, it just wasn't right having passengers wait around an empty rotating baggage carousel for another hour. Not something I've had to do since, but it was actually kinda fun that one time.

DL

Skirt

I understand the customer comes 1st. If you had read the previous posts this is not about bad customer service or kicking little old ladies off the planes. It is silly to imply that that was what I meant. My post only states that if I decide to help out picking up trash in the back it should be my choice. I do help little old ladies and answer questions and aid in oversize bags. But this topic is about being required as compared to being expected or scorned.

The only reason I pick up trash is that my employer is too cheap to do so. I will not have passengers board a trashed airplane. There isn't even an attempt at cleaning at an outstation. All that for a $600 dollar ticket on my little RJ. Sad, sad, sad state of affairs at the majors and their cheapie RJ outfits.....

Danny Boy: in reference to my first post about cleaning, I only said regularly (that doesn't mean it's SOP). You need to see the movie 12 o'clock high-- to understand that if you're a part of an organization that aviators (employees) want to belong to and care about it's success, you'll do what it takes to ensure it's survival. When I jumpseat to work, I get many comments from customers who enjoy watching pilots cleaning/taking care of their planes. If you felt good about the service you received, you'd probably tip the guy/gal wouldn't you, for a job well-done. I think our customers tip us by coming back, they're proud of their home-town airline. But then again, Danny Boy, you sound like the kind of guy who'd stiff the hotel van driver of his dollar because-- "IT's HIS job to handle my bags not mine!!!" I'm sick of your stupid comments, NEXT thread please!!!

DanielWebster said:

The fact is, you are pilots, not cleaners. Let the freakin cleaners clean the plane. Is it really that hard to comprehend????

What is hard to comprehend is a fool like yourself who is not will to help his employer survive/succeed!

I thought DW produced a better product/graduate. I guess I am wrong. I guess that is why I went to Hawthorne instead!

Enough . . .

Guys,

Enough already. DW has a bitterness in him only he can understand. Let's end this thread for more constructive pastures.

Good Bye,

DL

I'll leave it up till I get back from my trip. I think the point's been made. JB pilots usually clean their planes, though they are not required to.

-Boo!

Yes, kool-aid drinkers for sure, and it's tastes good Pal. As a matter of fact, I was sipping some as I was browsing the latest stock quotes..................Your a moron. Enjoy your furlough.

1) How many years till the stock options become fully vested?? Seven years? Come gloat then jr. because they most likely won't be worth a nickle then. Some deal!

2) Sorry jr. but I ain't furloughed.

3) That should be "you're" not "your"

4) Sounds like all JB pilots here are bottom feeding kool aid drinkers. No matter though, it happens every decade.

Danny Boy,
1. I agree, there is no reason to gloat about the options (but I will gloat about the profit sharing and the stock purchase plan)
2. Too bad, a lot of good guys are.
3. no comment
4. Thanks, coming from you, I consider your trash talk a compliment.
5. Have a nice bitter day!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back