• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh I Have Slipped
The Surly Bonds of Earth...
Put Out My Hand
And Touched the Face of God

God Bless you sir.............RIP.

LCdr Davis was an absolute star. I was priveleged enough to meet him last year when my friend and then Blue Angel gave me a ride in his backseat, an honor and a thrill. The Team goes out of their way to make everyone feel welcome and treats every individual as if they are the most important person in the room. Kevin, in particular, managed to stand out as a class act having the time of his life, even in a room where "over achiever" is a massive understatement.

Prayers to your friends and family who raised a hero of a man, SD

Thats great you got to meet him and the rest of the team SD. When Kev was the #7, he had a backseat ride set up for me set up at El Centro, but I got a sinus infection in the desert of all places and had to scrap it. It wasn't meant to be. I too got to meet a few of the team and they are without a doubt top notch. I spoke with him on Thursday about our get together in May...unfortunately that was also not meant to be. I am proud to have known him...Gone but not forgotten.

I had the pleasure of interacting with Kevin last year during our Airshow at KPIT. He was an awesome dude - down to earth, engaging, enthusiastic.... His love of flying was ABSOLUTE. He had more character than most people could dream of having in a lifetime. A tremendous loss....godbless....

A very good friend of mine is a traffic cop here in a suburb of PHX and was involved with coordinating traffic for the Blues when they were flying in Goodyear (GYR) last year. Kevin was the #7 guy and set up the logistics for the event. My buddy was blown away by the professionalism displayed by the team and uses it as an example to motivate is fellow officers. Kevins memory will not be soon forgoten.

I figure, FWIW, he had some hope of preventing greater damage on the ground, so that's why he didn't punch out. A noble, heroic gesture, in my book; a selfless act that reflects upon the quality of the man. Godspeed, and my prayers for your family.

I tivoed the video of his accident this morning. It shows him spinning out of control above the other five before he attempted to join up and going frame by frame appears he was spinning horizontally before dropping to the ground. He appears not to be aileron rolling but snap rolling. I don't think the fly by wire computer will let the pilot stall the wing on an F18. I saw an F18 crash on the runway at El Toro about 18 years ago not pulling out of a sqare loop in time. His wings were perfectly level when he hit the runway in a high rate of descent and I am sure that pilot had the elevator control to the stops.

Was this the same video they were showing on CNN yesterday? I saw that one and while it wasn't the best, it appeared to me that the jet was turning to rejoin(tightly) and just descended into the terrain in the bank. Not that you're wrong, but I saw nothing out of the ordinary about it; certainly nothing that looked like a snap.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not speculating, but asking the MIL guys: What is the likelihood of a GLOC situation?

Latest resources

Back