Block an End Number

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

G100driver

How do I get our end number blocked from flight tracking software? I have never done this before. Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Last edited:
G100driver said:
How do I get our end number blocked from flight tracking software? I have never done this before. Thank you in advance for any assistance.

G100,

Go to the NBAA ASDI website. Has all the info you need to get blocked. We did it several years ago. Painless process.

2000Flyer

The flight tracker still shows your plane, just not the N (end?) number. We spent some time with the Friendly Aviators Assocation and NBAA trying to get the plane removed altogether, but no luck.

gern_blanston said:
The flight tracker still shows your plane, just not the N (end?) number. We spent some time with the Friendly Aviators Assocation and NBAA trying to get the plane removed altogether, but no luck.

Blocking the tail number is all you'll be able to do. Anyone with a flight tracking program can pull up an aircraft and see where it's going. For example, I know an operator who has a DA2000 at XYZ airport, I can check it at any time and if it's filed a flight plan and departed, the program would show me type, departure airport, destination and ETA.

Blocking isn't perfect but unless you fly the only type in the world, you'd be hard pressed to pinpoint an operator.

2000Flyer

Why...

Well, if you fly for a large corporation one might be able to glean some inside information by figuring out the travel patterns of the executives. Ever see the movie Wall Street? Charlie Sheen's character figures out what company is being bought out this way.. (o.k. that was a corny example, but you get the point)

Wal-Mart would always have their tail numbers blocked which I didn't understand because it doesn't take a rocket scientist to track 20 Learjets all departing ROG at 0630 and figure out what's going on... ;)

Last edited:
I used to work for a large company in a special projects group and we tracked one of our competitors aircraft all the time. It was very useful intel.

Exactly what h25b said. If a company is selling a division, competitors can track tail numbers to and from the sale location and glean information on who may or may not be interested in the purchase. Definitely could give someone an advantage.

In addition, aircraft flown for private individuals, or execs for large companies who get personal access to the aircraft may not want any Joe Schmoe being able to follow them around on a flight tracker.

2000Flyer

Latest resources

Back