Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jstyle13

Reserve for life!
Finally ready to join the 21st century and get a smartphone with internet. I can get the BB Storm for $99 right now. I fooled with my friends for like 2 mins and could never get ourasa.com to come up on it. Anyone have this thing here at ASA? Can you get on ourasa.com/travelnet etc? Would really suck if I got the dumb thing but couldn't get on the company website.

Thanx!

Try visiting www.opera.com/mini and downloading that browser for free. It works with the curve, as well as other smartphones with ourasa, travelnet, and several other websites that won't work with the standard browser.

Don't get a blackberry. Blackberry's are always set to your home timezone. You have to manually switch the time zone on your phone to have the correct time displayed when you switch time zones. This is a big deal for someone like me who uses my phone as an alarm clock.

Don't get a blackberry. Blackberry's are always set to your home timezone. You have to manually switch the time zone on your phone to have the correct time displayed when you switch time zones. This is a big deal for someone like me who uses my phone as an alarm clock.

That's a bummer but I've been using the crapa$$ Motorola Q for the last 2 years and its the same way so I'm used to that.

I have had the storm since it came out. I love it. It was my first BB. Each of these problems I had and they are very easy fixes. Check out crackberry.com, tons of info there on how to operate.

your right about the time zone thing...wish my curve had auto switching. DONT buy the storm its a POS! BB tried to hard to fast to produce this thing to compete with the iphone and came up short with lots of bugs.

Untrue about the blackberry and timezones..you just have to go to options and switch the time source to go off network time. I use opera mini and have no trouble getting on e-trip and ourasa. This is on the BB pearl at least.

Opera Mini will access our ASA and etrip, but it will not pull up the flow board. Or if it will, I haven't figured it out yet. Opera works on the Storm, but the official release version is not optimized for touch screen phones and therefore requires a certain amount of patience. Supposedly they have a beta version which addresses these short-comings. The native BB browser is compatible with Travelnet. Overall, the Storm is a pretty decent phone, but they do have a few software issues which need to be fixed. I find it much easier to type on than the Iphone, but that's just a personal preference.

Opera Mini will access our ASA and etrip, but it will not pull up the flow board. Or if it will, I haven't figured it out yet. Opera works on the Storm, but the official release version is not optimized for touch screen phones and therefore requires a certain amount of patience. Supposedly they have a beta version which addresses these short-comings. The native BB browser is compatible with Travelnet. Overall, the Storm is a pretty decent phone, but they do have a few software issues which need to be fixed. I find it much easier to type on than the Iphone, but that's just a personal preference.

Cool thanks for insight. From what I've learned from my friend they still have some kinks to work out (which they will eventually). However, I like what I saw from it when I used it. Combine it with the cool touch screen, internet ability and the nice employee discount we get, its not worth sawpping to AT&T and paying $300 for an Iphone.

Latest resources

Back