Bill Cosby sounds fed up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Q200_FO said:
You know, if whites thought like that 300 years ago, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now. That's too bad.

And I suppose next thing you're going to sue me for retribution because my ancestors had slaves.

Get real.

well tb all the minorty has takeing all the aviation job ,so i guess that why you have not found a job flying a lear in over a year.i guess you are siting on your ass waiting on a hand out.

rubbernekk said:
well tb all the minorty has takeing all the aviation job ,so i guess that why you have not found a job flying a lear in over a year.i guess you are siting on your ass waiting on a hand out.
Did somebody's second-grader sneak on the computer?

:eek:

I do think, that there is a need for NAACP, just like I think there is a good reason to have the UNCF.

But, and this is a big but, the african american community needs to stand up and be counted, when it comes to crime and family values. I have plenty of african american friends and one thing stands out. Their mom, dad or relatives would not let them play the race card. They went to school, they studied hard, they got the grades and while some of them got assistance with college, they sure earned it all along the way. Not one was on a athletic scholarship, a few on academic.

I would love to say, that racism is a thing of the past, but it isn't. From some conversations, I have learned that some places, it is alive and well. That is truly sad. On the other hand, there are more opportunities now than ever and it seems to be getting better.

The ones that end up truly scr#wed, are the ones that cannot speak the "english" language, who think the gangsta way of life is the way to go and who has no other role model than the pimp with the bling-bling.

Was a great story a while back. I guess these crack heads and drug dealers were standing on the same corner every day. Well, a few older black women got really tired of this, so they brought out the lounge chairs and would go sit on that corner and harrass the dealers. Well, guess what? The dealers left.

Like the saying goes, it takes a village. If the "downtrodden" part of the black community stop looking for someone to blame and started a bit of "housecleaning", perhaps we could see some tremendous changes. I think that is what Cosby is saying.

Yes, regardless of how we slice it, society has yet not advanced far enough and being black is stil a disadvantage, but there are those within the black community, that are starting to get fed up with "the man keeping us down" mantra and starting to point the finger in a more just direction.

Again, TB you're completely clueless. The NAACP is not completely at fault for all the faults in the black community today.

Their "fault" in this is that what they do helps to hold blacks back.

Yes there is a United Negro College fund, and the reason is because not everyone can afford to go to college. There are plenty of other scholarships for all the white kids so why are you all bitching over a few for the black kids?

Not at all. I'm happy to see anyone go to college. What I resent is that only certain groups have to be racially neutral, while others get a "pass" for being overtly racist. If you want to have civil rights, my friend, you have to have them for everyone, or no one has them. If you exempt someone, it sends the message that the group in question is not capable of competing for scholarships (or jobs, or houses, or whatever) with every other kid (or adult). If you believe that these special passes are a necessity, you are probably a racist.

I'll admit that in recent years that more people expect things to be handed to them rather than work for it, but at the same time, discrimination still exists and something has to be done to combat it.

Here is the special elixir: working hard, studying hard, and avoiding drugs and criminal behavior. It works for every single group who tries it, bar none: Koreans, Japanese, Chinese, Indians, Pakistanis, Germans, Irish, Polish, you name it. You want respect? You do your best and leave your critics choking in your dust.

That's how it's done in America.

The NAACP is all for equality, the thing is, until recent history, most other people weren’t.

How they started out was laudable in 1900. What they have done since Dr. King was murdered is not. They have turned their backs on everything he stood for. They regard themselves as a sacred cow, and look what that attitude has done to, not for, Black Americans.

Get it right before you start bashing them and disrespecting their name.

I have it right. I lived in the poorest neighborhoods in Philadelphia as a young activist, and I saw first hand what this new attitude of entitlement has done. The failure of this kind of thinking is a large part of why I left the democrats to simmer in their juices in 1994. The road to hell is paved with good intentions, and no one in the so-called "black leadership" is willing to break the code and say "enough!"

At least Cosby had the gonads to say something. Finally.

Last edited:
rubbernekk said:

nope. no minority have takeing all aviation job. I not loook mflying lear, sitting on my ass waiting hand out.

Seriously. Get a life, or stop drinking. Or at least don't post after the twelfth Kamikaze. I know that routine. I lived it.

Today I passed my real estate exams, and this Thursday I play a doctor in a traing video for a major healthcare chain.

Trust me, my friend, I have no problem competing with anyone, in any endeavour I take on. I enjoy it.

What I don't like is when an entire group of Americans is being mislead for fun and profit by so-called leaders who are above criticism. The proof is in the pudding, and the liberal souffle has fallen when it comes to our black citizens. It's a culture out of control. And it borders on the criminal.

I have plenty of african american friends and one thing stands out. Their mom, dad or relatives would not let them play the race card. They went to school, they studied hard, they got the grades and while some of them got assistance with college, they sure earned it all along the way. Not one was on a athletic scholarship, a few on academic.

American values work every time.

I would love to say, that racism is a thing of the past, but it isn't. From some conversations, I have learned that some places, it is alive and well. That is truly sad. On the other hand, there are more opportunities now than ever and it seems to be getting better.

Racism is a natural attribute of sinful Man. We will not eliminate it. Just as the poor can never be eliminated. Christ observed that the poor "will be with you always.."

Like the saying goes, it takes a village. If the "downtrodden" part of the black community stop looking for someone to blame and started a bit of "housecleaning", perhaps we could see some tremendous changes. I think that is what Cosby is saying.

I would imagine if someone was pulling this stuff, this murder, drug, prostitution rate in the suburbs, you'd see roadblocks of SUV's, and random vigilante car inspections to keep the gansta element out. Sadly, we have decided that it isn't politically correct for even black people to criticize black people, or to try and take back their neighborhoods.

Why is it that when the subject "minority" comes up we all think of blacks. Because blacks really only care about blacks. Ask yourself what you think of when you hear the word Minority?? We are not talking about Irish, Italians, Isrealis, Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, Mexicans, etc, etc, etc. Everybody who came to this country experienced some sort of discrimination. BUT to dwell on it and act like the world owes them something is wrong. Why do they segregate themselves by calling themselves "African Americans"?? Are they only half American? I dare somebody to have a White entertainment channel, or a white beauty pagent, or a white college fund. My point is they segregate themselves by doing this. YES, they willingly put themselves in another catagory. History is filled with discrimination against all races and religion. But God**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** stop acting like the world owes you something!!!!!!!!!

Hi!

I think I actually fit in best as a Moderate Republican, because I'm fiscally conservative (low taxes, low as practical government spending, smart use of our tax dollars, no deficit spending unless absolutely necessary, etc.) and socially liberal (everone is a human being and should be treated fairly).

I have, however, been told I'm very liberal.

I think that Welfare is necessary, and should be used to support people that can't work or to help those that can get the training and education needed to get back on their feet and off of welfare. I think that the Welfare system that was set up in the US was designed terribly, in that it rewarded people for not working, and punished people for working or getting married.

People who sit around on their lazy a$$e$ should get nothing from the government or any other agency. I know a ton of liberals that think the same thing as I do-if U don't want to do anything, you shouldn't get any money from the government.

So, what is the deal? Am I (and the other people like me) not really liberal? Or is it that at least some, if not most, of liberals don't believe in welfare welchers?

Cliff
MCI

I once supported welfare, too.

The problem is the difference between welfare and charity is one important element: accountability.

If you get a government check from a faceless account, and all of your friends are getting one too, you're thinking that you a) deserve it and b) need it. Soon, you can't do without it.

Charity means you have to FACE those who are helping you. In short order, you would rather have almost ANY job rather than show up again asking for money. You get back on your feet, pronto.

Welfare helped to destroy the American family. Feminism did the rest.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back