Bill Cosby sounds fed up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Right on Bill!!!!

I'm not surprised to see that his comments are met with angry denial. That's completely predictable. It's like the elephant in the room. everyone sees the elephant, it's right there taking up almost the entire room, but everyone sits around sipping tea and pretending there's not an elephant in the room.

We all know that wearing a ghetto bag and a doo-rag and speaking gibberish removes you from consideration for all but the lowest of jobs ... yet we're expected to all smile and nod our heads and agree that these poor disadvantaged youths are being oppressed.

I've always liked what B. Cosby had to say...

Good to see he's still 'sayin' it like it is'!

It's good to see Bill taking a more philosophical approach to the minority community, actually weighing factors that affect the future that are being generated by the people in question. It's a step toward personal responsibility that is long overdue.

Maybe it is the success of other minority groups like Asians, maybe it is the death and incarceration rate among young black men, or the 75% rate of illegitimate births among black teen girls. Maybe it is the alarming rise of AIDS.

Whatever the reason, it is a culture that has spun out of control. Not control by whites, mind you, but control by morality and self discipline.

Now, if we could see a great movement among moderate Muslims that condemn the actions of the terrorists and the dictatorships of the mideast.

That would be some good headway.

Word to the mother, Bill.

Kweisi Mfume has made a career on the backs of poor black people. No wonder he's defensive.

I'm glad there is someone famous from a minority race who is willing to lay it out logically. It goes for all kids of every race to evaluate what is important in life, and for parents and teachers to enforce it.

It's a simple matter of return on investment. There is no return on a slack education, fashionable clothes you can't afford or communication skills no one can understand. But a little effort in education and values will have life long benefits that outlast all material goods. If the role models and educators of our society would roll up their sleeves and be a positive influence instead of lazily rationalizing poor standards, the children of today, and the society of tomorrow would be much better off.

Last edited:
Pretty ironic that he's the guy who created Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids. If that show isn't a screaming stereotype, then I don't know what is. Mush Mouth...Dumb Donald.....hanging out in a junkyard all day....playing instruments made from garbage.

I remember seeing him at some awards show awhile back and that female black comedian (I think her name isWanda) was using the urban dialect with him and he looked pretty perturbed....like he was above her.

Get off Bill Cosby's back. He's one of the coolest people on the planet IMO. Mod Squad to the Cosby Show to his stand-up is solid. I think he's a wise man with a sense of humor. How rare indeed.

Cosby

I got to see Bill Cosby live a year or so ago. His standup comedy is hilarious. Not because it's just funny, but because he points out the rediculous truths that exist in the world around us. We're immune to them because we do not think about them everyday. He brings them to our attention and says "This is stupid!"

And coming away from his comedy, you think "That was hilarious, but true." It makes you laugh and think at the same time.

Two thumbs up for Cosby.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back