Bike you have or would like to have

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Favorite MXer?

Daman F@&KING Bradshaw ... The Beast From the East! :D Anyone know what happened to him? Last I heard he was raising horses in Charlotte?

Larocco is OK too, a working man's rider, and not a prima donna like Mike K. and McGrath. I used to run local AMA and non-sanctioned tracks in the Vet C class (open) on a Yamaha WR500. The WR was the last aircooled big-bore. Heavy as hell but lot's of muscle and VERY dependable.

Minh

LaRocco is cool. Rememer the days of Jeff Ward, he dominated back in the day. Travis Pastrana is also a guy I like. THe kids has ballz of steel.

I guy I dont like is Jeff Emig.

Damon Bradshaw raises horses and drives a dump truck for his own hauling company. He said if he was wise with his money he would be set for life.

Last edited:
a little off topic here, but have any of you caught the Art of the Motorcycle exhibit at the Guggenheim in Vegas (at the Venetian)?

hundreds of bikes, from the first to the latest and everything in between.

my personal favorite would be a classic bike, the 76 Goldwing. no fairings for me, just a pure sweet street bike.

I saw the Guggenheim exhibit at LAS a few months ago... amazing stuff in there. Love the Agusta F4 guarding the entrance, a beautiful machine. And how 'bout that old bike with the engine mounted inside the front wheel? How'd they do that?? The worst part about the exhibit was the price, 20 bucks to get in the door, ouch. But what the hell, I don't gamble while in Vegas...

My ride? A rice burner, of course! A '00 Honda CBR 600F4 with just over 30,000 miles so far. Love that bike... sometimes I think about upgrading, but there's really no need to, the F4 can still run past my ability as a rider.

I hate Harleys. Big fat noisy pigs. Slow too, traveling in large packs, not even doing the speed limit... moving roadblocks. Why do Harley riders constantly blip the throttle while at a red light, they afraid it's gonna stall and die on them? So very very unnecessarily loud...

Hope the wx is nice tomorrow, gonna go rack up a few more miles on my scooter. yeaaaa.

bikes

If i ever bought one again it would be from the BMW line a well made german bike ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, at least they dont shake to much .

yes they have anti lock brakes while the other lines still replay the same old style.

Done with bikes i would much rather have a 182 rg or 210 , but well ratings first then toyssssssssssssssssssss.:cool:

I have an '01 GSXR 1000, the black and silver one.

I have a friend who is selling a 2000 Yamaha YZF 600R if anyone is interested, let me know...

How about Bob Hannah? He was The Man, back in his day. He is in the airplane biz up in Idaho. His site is BobHannah.com. I sent him an email, and he replied back to me, cool! Talking about Ward and those guys, I think Guy Cooper was also one of the cool ones. He went out to LBB and rode at our local MX track on a Sat nite a few years ago. He will always have that extra speed that made him so fast. I think that David Bailey was the greatest of all time. I got to talk to him a few yrs ago at the HOU SX. Great guy, when he found out I was a pilot, he asked me questions about it and seemed impressed! Well, I am going on here. Airpalnes, motorcycles and girls, does it get any better?

Hey Crash Proof...

I still have the factory pipes on that CBX...they clean up pretty good and up untill now I have had no reason to change them out.

I have been looking at going to a performance exhaust system, maybe even one that requires eliminating the breather box for velocity stacks and re-jetting the carbs. I'm not an expert on this, but an experienced motorcyclist told me the CBX's were de-tuned and needed to breathe more freely to get performance out of them. Seems to be the best way to tune the bike up performance wise. I haven't touched the carbs in all the years I have owned it and figured with the complexity of 6, don't fix what aint broken. I'm probably due for an overhaul on those carbs and I'm not going to put em back together without re-jetting and putting that 6 into one exhaust on.

As far as sound goes, I have never SEEN or HEARD it ridden by others much, since I don't usually loan out bikes. But it is very quiet. Sometimes when I duck my head under the fairing and grind through the gears redline to redline, I listen to the engine and it sounds much like a formula race car. The thing is so quiet, once I was stranded in after PACKER football traffic on my ride home. It was stop and go traffic jam type driving for about 20 minutes and a car infront of me was making ticking sounds and smoking a little oil...for a while there, I thought it was me and It kind of alarmed me.

It has run great and the only flaw I see in the bike is that it very front heavy and under certain circumstances you are in danger of front end shimmy. Ususally at high speed and man is that scary.

I am planing on putting a brace stiffener on the forks and maybe replacing the fork bearings and torque to spec. Also they recomend an aftermarket spring set to stiffen the front end as far as keeping the bike from diving during braking and a thicker hydraulic fluid.

It was two years into owning that bike before I got used to going through the gears up to redline. It drives real nice at interstate speeds and likes 75 MPH for ever.

I hear what you're saying Crash Proof about doing double takes...every once in a while a CBX'er will honk from across the intersection and you just have to take a second to take in the other bike as it is so rare to see them.

Good luck guys and ride safe...wear protective gear and plan your fun carefully!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back