Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Biggest issue for the "new United" pilots - SCOPE!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HHH

IF this merger goes through, the careers of the CAL and United pilots hinges on SCOPE! The primary influence of SLI would be how CAL 50 seat scope is handled (via the Joint CBA).

Personally - NO SCOPE RELIEF! NO SCOPE RELIEF! NO SCOPE RELIEF!

For those that have been around, any thoughts on how this will be handled/twisted by management? How will the issue of feeders currently flying 70 seaters for United?

All the little RJ companies need to be shown the door. Mesa, Trans States, Republic, Shuttle America, ********************aka, and let's not forget BLOJET i mean GoJet.

It's MAINLINE FLYING YOU PUNKS GET OVER YOURSELVES

Hopefully its a deal breaker! Both MEC's must develope and show brass nuggets. I remember morse stating that scope was not negotiable. What scope she's talking about still has yet to be seen. I hope get to see the day regionals are complaining about getting furloughed and screaming "thats our flying", especially since the only reason U parked 100 a/c was to look better for this deal.

I've said it before and I stick by it, I'm currently at a regional (guess which one...) and I'm begging you guys not to give one single inch on CONTINENTAL's scope! Any other improvements you might win in a trade off for scope relief won't matter when the "new" United management simply outsources your job to a regional feeder. Don't give management the rope to hang you with by thinking that good pay raises are worth relaxed scope, what good is a great payrate if you're furloughed and not on property to earn it???

If they break the deal with all does regionals they will have
to enter chap11 again to avoid the massive amount of
fees on top of the agreement fee for the entire contract!!
That's lots and lots of mula!!! I bet they will honor the conttract
till expires then.... No renewals... But who cares what I think

All the little RJ companies need to be shown the door. Mesa, Trans States, Republic, Shuttle America, ********************aka, and let's not forget BLOJET i mean GoJet.

First, let me say i agree, I'd like to see it be mainline flying too. More major jobs = more more jobs for everyone.

However, how is this going to happen? Simple economics at the major airlines will make 70/90/110 seat flying very tough. It's not just about pilots. How will you convince a mechanic who works on a EMB190 that he should make less money than the mechanic in the bay next door who is working on a 747. How are you going to convince the FA to work for less when she passes out Biscoff's to the pax on a CRJ700 than she does when she steps on the 777? What about the marshaller who's been at CAL for 25 years? you gonna tell him he will make less on the days he has to park an RJ?

I know, I know ... you say the problem is in the "doing it for less" statement. But the fact of the matter is that if you show all these regionals the door, someone will turn right around and start a 70/90/110 seat operation that expands faster than you can get off the ground in JFK. Before you know it they have a market share that's tough to compete with (ala Southwest). Watch out ... Republic is already headed down this road. With 30% less operating costs, that C-series is gonna change the game.

If i remember right, AA tried something similar a few years ago. Pilots said they would fly RJ's for the "right pay" (whatever that is) but all the other labor groups told them to pound sand.

And don't blame regional pilots for flying for less. They just go where the jobs are to make a living which takes me back to the statement above. It's not just the airline business ... look how long Arby's held out from the dollar menu game. This year they finally caved.

So the question is ... if you're going to keep 70-110 seat flying at the majors (and I hope you do), how are you going to do it?

Yeah and you mainline guys wanted the flying so bad that you voted it away. :laugh: You must feel pretty smart now I bet.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back