Big Surprise: Hawker 4000 Deliveries STALLED

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

On Your Six

I wonder if Netjets will ever get its Hawker 1000s. The demo aircraft has been flying for a year or so. What's up with these knuckleheads at Hawker Beechcraft???????

From AINonline:

Hawker 4000 Deliveries Still Stalled[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Deliveries of the Hawker 4000 have not yet begun, despite Hawker Beechcraft saying for more than a month that it would “soon” start shipments of the super-midsize business jet, now in its 12th year of gestation. The FAA currently lists 30 Hawker 4000s–two more than last month–in the U.S. aircraft registry database, all of which are registered to the manufacturer. An FAA spokesman told AIN that the agency “is working with Hawker Beechcraft to complete an amendment to the Hawker 4000 Type Certificate. The certificate will be issued when all of the documents have been received and reviewed.” But if the Wichita-based aircraft manufacturer doesn’t meet a certification deadline that expires next month, it will have to reapply again for a certification extension, just like it did in May 2006. That two-year extension, which was filed when the five-year time limit expired, caused the Hawker 4000 design to be required to meet the then-latest certification amendments, including stringent fuel tank and hydraulics rules. A Hawker Beechcraft spokesman maintains that the Wichita manufacturer plans to start delivering Hawker 4000s in the second quarter.[/FONT]

More and more 4000's are piling up on the ramp and also on HawkerBeechcraft's balance sheet. I bet there are some very anxious people in ICT over the 4000 debacle.

Last edited:
The 800/4000 fleet here is now saying "July" for the Horizon to rise.

STILL didn't say what year though! :D

Hawker ACPs are going to initial in May-this year. Latest says July deliveries begin. We'll see.

I understand every time a manufacturer promises to deliver an a/c by a certain date, and they fail, they have to pay a "late penalty fee". If this keeps up, Santulli is going to get those damn things for the price of a C402.

Hawker ACPs are going to initial in May-this year. Latest says July deliveries begin. We'll see.

Compare that to the Encore+ where the first line pilots went to class last August and the first delivery occurred in December. Of course, that was a model that was certified and delivering for quite some time before NJA took their first copy.

When we were out taking delivery of our new bird the 4000's were everywhere. They did not find it funny when I called it the Pink Elephant.

What a shame. The guys that I have talked to that fly it say the performance is awesome. Hard to believe that the avionics are already behind the power curve. I think the biggest mistake on the aircraft was not going with Pro-line 21.

delivery of the 4000 will either make or break that company. When you look around Beech field and start counting the 4000's sitting around and then multiply it by around $20 million, the numbers are staggering.

I wonder if Netjets will ever get its Hawker 1000s.

I think you made a typo. The Hawker 1000 has come and already gone at NetJets. It's the 4000 that seems to be a "pink elephant".

The 4000 was on display this weekend at the Berkshire Hathaway shareholders meeting. The reps say they have one item to be certified. The AOA. The nose bows outward and then inward going aft. The AOA sits on the inward bend and it gets more moisture collecting on it. They need to apply more heat to prevent icing. They are not going to make any other changes until after it is certified. He hopes to be certified by June. #25 is at the exit door and #34 is at the start of the assembly line.
I was not impressed by the finger mouse pad. This is used to change the MFD screens. The pilot seat is not that comfortable either. The cargo area can be accessed from the interior and the exterior. It is tall, but not very deep or wide.

Latest resources

Back