Big Sky Street Captain?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Chamo

I have a friend who is interviewing soon for Big Sky to be a street captain to fly the Beech 1900 out of Boston. He has a few questions.

First and foremost, he understands that Big Sky is a subsidary of Mesaba. He does not want to be viewed in the same like as GooJet scum and is triple checking that this is the case. How do other pilot groups view Big Sky pilots?

How long is the Delta contract good for?

Where are they getting the Beech 1900s to fly these Delta runs?

Is their captain payscale at http://www.pilotjobs.com/default.lasso?page=airline&airline=42 accurate?

How is their contract?

I don't think anyone at Mesaba would currently care if someone flies for Big Sky. It would only become a problem when Paul Foley starts trying to get larger airplanes in. No one cares about the 1900's.

ALPA Screwed BigSky not the other way around.

BigSky applied to be an ALPA carrier multiple times from the mid 90s -2000 got turned away each time (told your to small) and sorry but ALPA isn't interested. So in need of a union the Big Sky pilots were welcomed in by the UTU a union with 2X the size of ALPA.
http://www.utu.org/

2002 MAIR buys Big Sky and everyone freaks out because there not ALPA and it was Alpa that had turned them away less than 2 years before.

I talked to some ALPA leaders and have been told that the individual that was turning away small airlines is no longer there. But it makes you wonder howmany other small operations have been told NO.

I know Chautauqua was turned down by ALPA because our pilot group was too small. Now we are Teamsters with 1600 pilots and counting.

Latest resources

Back