Big Sky - East Coast

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What does Paul Foley do?
Years later, and we still don't have an answer to that question. He certainly got damn rich, though, that's for sure.

I for one would like to say thanks to all that worked their arses off. I was priviliged to fly with some of the best pilots around. I really had a great time flying the beech with the "GO GETTAS"! We all knew this was coming... We jsut didn't think so soon. Mismanagement was the key to our failure. Plain and simple. I am sure the "Management" will try to blame the pilots and Mx. This is not true. Mx in Bos was working without parts or enough staff from day one. Big Sky was short pilots from day one. Inability to build a schedule that worked and lack of infrastructure were the problems. The scheduler built schedules using an excel spreadsheet. Hmmm...
They threw the pilots into Bos and paid little attention, as they hid in the GO.
I am sure the pilots will find other jobs, as they are great at their jobs. Help them if you can. ANY leads would be appreciated. Thanks for the offers already rec'd.
Pissed and off to spread some resumes..
Snowman

PS, Cowboys v. Pats in da SUPERBOWL!
IGGLES got lucky.

I almost forgot...Fred Deleeuw deserves a lot of credit. He has successfully ruined 2 previous airlines and this one he totally demolished. Not only is Fred completely inept at running a company he does not have the first clue about how an airline should be run. Countless times he would rear his ugly head into dispatch/operations telling them what to do and it was clear from the first word that he did not know the basics. I am not even sure if he has been on an airplane. Judging from his ability to collapse an airline it would not be a stretch to say that the closest Fred has been to a airplane was when he huffs jet A. Either way, the real sad part is a whole bunch of pilots lost their jobs for Christmas. Right now Fred is probably drawing up his golden parachute/retirement plan so this his feet will never touch the ground. Probably will give himself a bonus for closing down the airline with such great skill. Congratulations Fred, you just landed with your gear up and short of the runway. All of us at Big Sky wish you the best for the future.

Hey guys and gals my heart goes out to you. Alot of us at XJ thought we were going to get a similar present last December. For what its worth... Mesaba needs pilots, not the best place to work, but not the worst.

Good Luck

Latest resources

Back