• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Big Sky - East Coast

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know this may not be very popular but the question you have to ask yourself is? Would of the cards played out any different if the Big Sky pilots would of voted in ALPA and been more closely tied to the XJ pilot group.

Big Sky pilots:

If you are looking to stay in the northeast might I suggest applying to Air Wisconsin. We just announced LGA/RDU domiciles in addition to PHL/DCA/ORF current domiciles. Supposedly they are to be staffed up during midde 2008.

I wish you well.

For the PICs out there with pretty good hours, I would recommend Netjets (especially with their new TA). BOS is one of the new domiciles. Avantair with its P180s is also hiring and it has a BOS base. Check out this link:

http://airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/fractional.html

Colgan, PDT and Air Whisky will all offer NE jobs if you really want to stay in the area.

Good luck.

Last edited:
I know this may not be very popular but the question you have to ask yourself is? Would of the cards played out any different if the Big Sky pilots would of voted in ALPA and been more closely tied to the XJ pilot group.

I think the Big Sky pilot group went to ALPA twice and tried to get representation. ALPA told them "no thanks". But as soon as MAIR acquired Big Sky and ALPA and the Mesaba pilots realized that the whipsawing was about to begin they (ALPA) asked Big Sky to come on board and the Big Sky pilots told ALPA "no thanks". I believe that is how it all worked out. I could have some of the details wrong. Anyone else know more?

From Mother ship Delta:

Big Sky Airlines will terminate all Delta Connection flights after Jan. 7, citing continued operational challenges in the Northeast and rising fuel prices. Because of the planned cancellations, we will terminate our codeshare relationship with Big Sky and will no longer reserve seats for customers on Big Sky flights after Jan. 7.
These cancellations will affect flights in all markets served by Big Sky including: Allentown, Pa.; Boston; Burlington, Vt.; Cape Girardeau, Mo.; Cincinnati; Jackson, Tenn.; Massena, N.Y.; Ogdensburg, N.Y.; Owensboro, Ky.; Plattsburgh, N.Y.; Saranac Lake, N.Y.; Trenton, N.J.; Watertown, N.Y.; and White Plains, N.Y. We will continue to operate Big Sky flights between Bangor, Maine and Boston using 50-seat Comair jets.

Sucks guys!!!

I think the Big Sky pilot group went to ALPA twice and tried to get representation. ALPA told them "no thanks". But as soon as MAIR acquired Big Sky and ALPA and the Mesaba pilots realized that the whipsawing was about to begin they (ALPA) asked Big Sky to come on board and the Big Sky pilots told ALPA "no thanks". I believe that is how it all worked out. I could have some of the details wrong. Anyone else know more?
You have it right.

How's this for a response to an airline they're trying to keep:

http://www.adirondackdailyenterprise.com/news/articles.asp?articleID=9737
“From our meeting that we had, we knew there were problems, but we were willing to work with Big Sky to allow them to get back on their feet,” Miller said.

According to Miller, Big Sky owes the town about $57,000 for de-icing, fuel and landing fees. Miller said he has notified airport employees that Big Sky no longer has credit at the Adirondack Regional Airport until it pays its bill.
“They were going to try and hold Big Sky’s feet to the fire and make them stay, like they had done with CommutAir, because they do have the EAS contract,” Miller said.
So by "willing to work with" them, they mean "cash up front"? Niiiiice.

Enjoy Greyhound, people.

I feel no pity for the residents and government of Saranac Lake. None at all.

I can't believe they were ever upset about our reliability. I can't count the number of times I had to fly an empty airplane in and out of SLK or RUT. But dispatch still had us go because we got paid for landing there.

My guess is they were upset about how much the company was charging passengers to fly out of there.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back