Big mistake at Chicago Express??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MaxQ said:
I also don't know who this guy is. Can someone please fill me in on who he is, where he comes from, and why it could mean trouble for Chicago Express.

I'm really interested and would like some insight.
Thanks

Why are we blasting a guy, by name, on the internet about flap speeds? I don't know who the guy is, but, if it's all about stuff like flap speed changes, what's the big deal?

From my own experience with this guy, I can tell you this.

1) He thinks he knows everything about everything and every aircraft.

2) Due to #1, he changes procedures and limitations based upon his personal theories. He is more than willing to explain these to you.

3) He likes to intimidate people. While at PSA, he would take pride in scaring the s*** out of you during training. During my interview he spent the entire time running me down. This continued through training.

4) "Captain Calculator". OK so you're good at math, that doesn't mean you have to come up with some magic formula to solve world hunger. If you ever need to know the tangent of 34.57 degrees just ask him.

Yes, he's at Chicago Express. All the pilots have been warned of his past. With respect to changing things, he has little chance of making huge changes if the DO doesn't agree with him (who is also a pilot). Plus, we have a Saab fleet manager that handles "all things technical" on the 340 and the way to fly it. If he tries the scare tactic in the NH class for too long, Again our DO won't have it, and he'll be gone again. But veee willl seeee.

Cheers!

Thrustport......This guy might be a pain in the ass...I don't know him (or you).....but after the interview he gave you a hard time at he still hired you. You still passed training and possibly benefitted from going through the program. Personally, I prefer a different teaching approach, but his job was to get you hired and trained and it sounds like that was accomplished. Sometimes teachers need to piss off their students to get the job done. He might have done you a favor.

beechdriver

You are correct this is the same person.

Last edited:
Ziggy1 said:
Why are we blasting a guy, by name, on the internet about flap speeds? I don't know who the guy is, but, if it's all about stuff like flap speed changes, what's the big deal?
Nice guy, he only gave about half the MESA pilot's pink slip's after his fair ORALS/CHECkRIDES.
So tell me, how many threads does the 1900 battery cable have?????
All my buddy's that were former MESA pilot's, made sure to laugh when they heard he was coming to PSA. Unfortunately Chicago Express I have to do the same. HA HA! I am sorry though!
Good news, he could be like a cold sore that will go away soon, considering he left both PSA/MESA under rather unusual circumstances.
Maybe I should start another thread to get the answer to the battery cable question??????
ANYONE? ANYONE? Well ANYONE, except Bradley S?

Last edited:
One more thing, be sure to keep us informed on how well Bradley does commuting out of Chicago, especially on UAL! Another can of worms'!!!

Latest resources

Back