• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Big Fat Loser

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Frank Lorenzo is looking for a group of pilots to start up a new airline somewhere in the southpacific.

RampTower said:
Frank Lorenzo is looking for a group of pilots to start up a new airline somewhere in the southpacific.

Well, at least in the south pacific, Lorenzo pay rates might provide a decent living.

GEORGE DUBYA said:
I have 1100 and 150 and its getting me nowhere. There is people out there with far less getting hired as well.

thats a bit of an exageration, is it not? You really cant have much less than what you got and meet mins for most regionals. Scenic is the only airline that i know that is hiring with mins less than 1000/100.

I beleive my time is pretty close to what Scenic has Listed.....................Do U think it would be worth the hassle of commuting all the way from the NE and doing the Reserve thing at Scenic?????I've been doing the instruction thing for about 5 months now, and I already want out???

dueguard1 said:
I've been doing the instruction thing for about 5 months now, and I already want out???

WOW. 5 months. You should apply to the majors with that kind of dedication!

~wheelsup

wheelsup said:
WOW. 5 months. You should apply to the majors with that kind of dedication!

~wheelsup

No sh*t! I did it for 3 years. I should be flying the space shuttle!

2 years flight instruction, and 1 year night freight. Quit whining!
Put your time in like everyone else does and quit looking for the quick shortcut to the regionals. The regionals are all shook up and in turmoil right now anyway.
Lots of freight operators are looking for pilots, and a couple of them are even worth working for. Gain the experience and then go 121 if you want to. You will be much better off.

dueguard1 said:
I beleive my time is pretty close to what Scenic has Listed.....................Do U think it would be worth the hassle of commuting all the way from the NE and doing the Reserve thing at Scenic?????I've been doing the instruction thing for about 5 months now, and I already want out???

My advice to you is to quit whining.

Take it easy on the guy. After 5 months or so we all would of liked to have moved on to bigger things. If you had the opportunity to get on with an airline after 5 months of flight instruction, dont tell me you guys would have turned it down?? I wouldn't have.

blee256 said:
Take it easy on the guy. After 5 months or so we all would of liked to have moved on to bigger things. If you had the opportunity to get on with an airline after 5 months of flight instruction, dont tell me you guys would have turned it down?? I wouldn't have.
The good Lord would have miracled his ass into an airline job by now if he thought he deserved it...it's time for this guy to move on or risk spending the rest of his life living in a beat up trailer, flying ag planes.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back