big europe trip, need hotel suggestions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

falcondrivr

just got a 3-week europe trip. Lisbon; Rome; Prague; Nice; London. looking for comfortable hotels in great areas. any activitiy suggestions are also welcome. also, any probs to look out for at various airports.
thanks

Ask your handler. I've gotten really tired of opening the door and having the handler ask, "Who made your hotel reservations?" Give the handler a price range and they'll take care of you.

London is a big area. Which airport and for how long? EGLF we like the Bush in Farnham. It is the contract hotel for Netjets. Luton, the Days Inn is nice and close to the town. I haven't been to the other airports. Good luck.

stayed in Lisbon at a Marriott that seemed to be a bit of a drive from the airport. In Prague I also stayed in the Marriott down near the square. It was in walking distance to the famous clock and all of that. Beautiful place. Try to have dinner down on the river

three weeks in a Marriott is a lot of points! Plus, depending on your budget, some can be very nice and the rest are OK too.

In Rome the Marriott downtown is in a good location. In Nice we usually head over to Monaco and stay in the Marriott. In Paris lately at the Marriott Rive Guache because the rate is good even though other Marriotts are better $$$. In London we seem to gravitate to the Marriott in Regents Park, again for a good rate. If you can stay where you want then there are better choices.

Last edited:
I use tripadvisor.com to get an idea of the best hotels/restaurants if I haven't been to the location before. But I mostly use Marriotts as I am a points whore.

If you can do without Marriott points in Nice I have to strongly recommend the Goldstar. We heard about it from another Corporate Flight Crew after we had paid for a week at the Four Points and it broke my heart when I saw how cool the place was. It's a really Flight Crew friendly hotel, very reasonably priced and just south of the main entertainment area - about four blocks off the Promenade de Anglais. All the rooms are suites with a little kitchen, living area and bedroom. Not huge but comfortable. It has free breakfast and internet and a funky roof deck where the exercise room, pool and patio bar are located. I'm definitely staying there if we end up back in Nice.

Nice

And if you want to keep your Marriott points, and I do, stay at the Marriott Porte Monaco. It's less expensive than the hotels in downtown Nice and really, really nice (or is that Nice) ...

TransMach

Used to stay here in Lisboa. Tivoli hotel. They've done a bunch of updating. Here's their site: http://www.tivolihotels.com/ . If you stay here, watch your poolside sangria intake--it's deadly! :eek:

I just stayed at the Marriott Rive Gauche. Nice lounge but the location isn't the best--you have to make multiple metro changes to get to St. Germain/Champs but the metro stop is right out the front door. Montparnasse just isn't my favorite part of town. Good hotel other than those nitpicking items.

Fido--So you're not staying at the CDG Courtyard anymore? ;)

Rome Marriott is one of my favorites.

Don't know about Prague but I'd like to find out.

In London, if you can swing the cost, the Marriott West India Quay (pronounced "key") is outstanding. Also County Hall is good (reference from a friend only no experience), too. Regent's Park is badly in need of an update but is cheaper than the others.

Have fun.

TC

I concur with the Tivoli in Lisboa! Wonderful place. What is this sangria you speak of?;)

X

Latest resources

Back