Big cabin airplane impressions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ultrarunner

Just beginning the process of fleet planning. Likely will come down to the G350, CL605 and DA2000DX/EX.

Would be a new purchase.

Would like to compile some impressions.

thanks

I can only comment on the G's. I'm on the periphery of the outfitting of our G450 and I'm hearing grumbles about the quality of systems and materials in the cabin. Gulfstream is apparently limiting the range of interior materials and entertainment options. Plus, we still don't have a number assigned to us with a delivery date 11 months away.

The PlaneView system is great. A few teething problems with our early-build 550's but things are really smoothing out. Mechanically, very sound (it should be for the bucks!). With the extra legroom over the IV, it's very comfortable. Having the Jepps on screen right in front of you (and the ability to magnify them for us older kids...) is great. The airport diagram is a moving map display that helps at unfamiliar airports.

Good luck.TC

From the 2000EX department...

Similar growing pains as AA mentioned with the EASy avionics. Most of the bugs have been worked out. The cabin is exceptional IMHO. Obviously not as long as the 450, but it's wider by a little bit. Extremely quiet all the way to the crew. I'm not joking when I say the cabin can hear the crew converse in most situations. (read...wear your headset!)

Performance has been impressive. Typical continental takeoff weights will find you climbing to 410 in roughly 17 minutes. Todays flight had a TOW of 31.2, V1 107, VR 119, BFL 3500, return ref 123. Basically SL to FL400 18 minutes with three climb restrictions totaling 4 minutes. Had I taken off at MTOW, BFL would have been 5800'.

If going new check out the 7X. Not sure numbers wise where it fits in but they are coming out with some pretty impressive stats as of late. IMHO the 2000 feels claustrophobic inside.

7X be a good choice if doing Europe, etc...

nobody in their right mind flies a 2000 overwater.

:eek:

AA717driver said:
I can only comment on the G's. I'm on the periphery of the outfitting of our G450 and I'm hearing grumbles about the quality of systems and materials in the cabin.

Gee, Gulfstream has been outfitting GIV interiors for a couple decades. Hard to believe they don't have the supply chain figured out regardless of any limiting factors.

Gulfstream 200 said:
nobody in their right mind flies a 2000 overwater.
:eek:

YAAWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Order a 7X today and it's a 2010 delivery.

2000flyer said:
YAAWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Order a 7X today and it's a 2010 delivery.

no its not!!

;)

whats a new 2000EX going for, anyone know?

Last edited:
ultrarunner said:
Just beginning the process of fleet planning. Likely will come down to the G350, CL605 and DA2000DX/EX.

Would be a new purchase.

Would like to compile some impressions.

thanks

What are you planning to use the airplane for exactly?

If you are doing lots of CONUS stuff with occasional Europe/Hawaii why not look at a Legacy? :)

Everyone knows I love that thing. They get better and better with each one built.

I guess it is technically a "Super Midsize" but...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back