Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Big Blue To Take Over AA's Crew Training?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Coool Hand Luke

IBM is doing the due diligence work now as AA is interested in "farming out" all of crew training, to include both FA's and Pilot's. It's early in the process (a month?) but early analysis so far is that they (IBM) think it's very doable.

Wonder if Eagle will be next?

I'd be suprised if someone over on Trinity Blvd. wasn't already aware of this developement.

Coool Hand Luke said:
I'd be suprised if someone over on Trinity Blvd. wasn't already aware of this developement.

This is true. In fact, it's the status quo.

Rik717pilot said:
Coool Hand... what have you been smoking?

Smoking? Hardly. But what exactly is it that you are trying to say here? That AA would never consider outsourcing crew training? May I suggest that you think about it some more. AA does not consider this a "core" part of their business, as silly as that may seem. But then again, I thought Sabre was a "core" part of AA too and you know what happend there. AMR Combs wasn't a "core" business either, it's gone. And if I remember right, FlexJet (Business Jet Solutions) was started back in 1997 by both Bombardier and AMR, but not being a core part of the business, it's been long gone.

Rik717pilot, you don't have to belive me if you don't want to. Maybe you have better sources...

I got my B-707 F/E rating at the AA flight academy in 1973, long before just about anybody on the property today. AA/AMR will not forego control of the training of pilots due to liability issues. The quality control of training will have to be held in the hands of the company. I do not believe that the FAA and the AA POI will allow IBM to take over. Too bad AMR can't improve the quality of character of the APA native pilots. Perhaps this is something that could be out sourced to a group that could actually improve the mind set of the SNB natives... you know, shock therapy or frontal lobotomy for all of the natives.

Rik717pilot said:
I got my B-707 F/E rating at the AA flight academy in 1973, long before just about anybody on the property today. AA/AMR will not forego control of the training of pilots due to liability issues. The quality control of training will have to be held in the hands of the company. I do not believe that the FAA and the AA POI will allow IBM to take over. Too bad AMR can't improve the quality of character of the APA native pilots. Perhaps this is something that could be out sourced to a group that could actually improve the mind set of the SNB natives... you know, shock therapy or frontal lobotomy for all of the natives.

Yes. AA will provide "knowledge experts". Everyone else will be employed by Big Blue.

What would be logical is for IBM to take over the maintenance of the sims, ground training devices, the hundreds of individual training stations that use computers.

IBM - computers?

See the link?

:)

Latest resources

Back