• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Big Announcement" about ATL hub for ASA tomorrow

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is the first step in many of taking ASA out of the picture in ATL. Our rampers will more likely than not be employed by DGS. This is not the same as DAL. I would love to see exactly where they are going to be place. It is good news for them, but at the same time I am guessing that they will have to pass all of DAL's pre-employment screening.
Look for DAL to take over the gate next. Basically, DAL knows that flight operations is no the root cause or any cause for the problems on the ATL ramp. There will be more to follow in the next few months trust me.

This will be good for us, just remember that DAL gate agents do not take any crud from out pilots. They will give it right back.

This is the first step in many of taking ASA out of the picture in ATL. Our rampers will more likely than not be employed by DGS. This is not the same as DAL. I would love to see exactly where they are going to be place. It is good news for them, but at the same time I am guessing that they will have to pass all of DAL's pre-employment screening.
Look for DAL to take over the gate next. Basically, DAL knows that flight operations is no the root cause or any cause for the problems on the ATL ramp. There will be more to follow in the next few months trust me.

As long as they leave flight ops alone, I think this is a positive.

ASA is looking like one big puppet show. What is SkyWest thinking letting it get to this point? Doesn't look so good for them when the mainline has to take drastic measures like this.

All in the name of whipsawing pilot groups. Way to go SkyW.

I believe that they are going to do that. It basically is talking the layers of the onion away that they believe are the issues. If after that we cannot clean up our stuff then they will take it all away.
BTW SKW is opening a base here. It will me minimally staffed in the near term.

ASA is looking like one big puppet show. What is SkyWest thinking letting it get to this point? Doesn't look so good for them when the mainline has to take drastic measures like this.

All in the name of whipsawing pilot groups. Way to go SkyW.

It is also shoring up some of SKW's pass trough costs. DAL feels that they can do it cheaper than we can and not have to pay for the margin as they are now with ASA.

Delta needs to learn that they are a lot of the problem of the ASA operation. First, you get what you pay for. Second, Delta makes the schedules and provides the gate and ramp space we have to work with.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back