• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Take it for what it's worth, according to BL and the DL rep the was present:

DL will take over above and below wing ops in ATL only
All personel will have to apply and interview w/ DL - DGS was never mentioned
The plan is to have the transition completed by June at the latest
The details of pay and seniority are still being worked out

delta is just doing what other mainline carriers have already done in their primary hub. continental, united and a few others work their carriers flights in most hubs - we were an exception. i dont think this is anything but delta wanting the gate to be delta agents. they are thumping their chests about to come out of br proud and cash positive, so this is just them creating 'seemless' branding and service. i dont think this is a reflection on asa.

wanna bet ole grinstein creates a new livery next - usair and united both did it exiting br. ron a and leo each had their own - i bet deltas next.

sux for all the new folks that have come on, the ramp has really improved in the last few months. this is also a shot across our bow. comair has a new ta and delta replaced our entire atl ramp in two months. wouldnt take long for us.

Take it for what it's worth, according to BL and the DL rep the was present:

DL will take over above and below wing ops in ATL only
All personel will have to apply and interview w/ DL - DGS was never mentioned
The plan is to have the transition completed by June at the latest
The details of pay and seniority are still being worked out

Yeah, and if you're junior, this will open up lot 3 again!!! That's the best news in all of this.

What's sad is that Brian and company think this is a good thing, they don't realize their failure to run this company is the reason for this measure by DAL.
We have the most inept management in the industry!

DL wants 25 minute turns in ATL. Now they'll have control of the ramp/gate to try and achieve that. Well see.

Hoser

What's sad is that Brian and company think this is a good thing, they don't realize their failure to run this company is the reason for this measure by DAL.

One would think thats an awfully hard slap to ASA management.

Hoser

As I said last week. DAL was going to Thump ASA hard. I believe this is that thump. If we do not get it, I am sure that the beatings will continue.

This is actually a bigger slap than most think. ASA is 'wildly' profitable because we skimp on the support end of things. With that removed from our control, the money that Delta pays will no doubt be less. With less money coming in, there is less profit for ASA to have. This just means managment will try harder to get money from those left holding the bag.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back