• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Big Announcement" about ATL hub for ASA tomorrow

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If anyone has to go to the crewroom while this BS is going on I suggest 3 things....

1) Check your mailbox and leave
2) Sit in a chair and watch TV
3) Sit at the computer and surf flightinfo

Really, no one should pay this any attention.

I doubt that, the bag situation is actually better now that Delta doesn't do it.
True.

The timing of the Comair contract vote is a coinicidence. After a night of sleeping on it, my best guess is that Delta decided they want to excercise their buy back provision (and get control back of the gates that came with the deal), or now that there is no need for ASA in LAX, SkyWest has no reason to keep us separate.

Maybe JA has gotten wise to the fact that a merger would force a representational vote for the combined pilot group.

Flying ASA and SkyWest wingtip to wingtip can only be justified if there is enough of a benefit through whipsaw to make it worth while. The justification management gave that overlap is justified by the ability to fly for other carriers has been diminished by SkyWest's own admission that they are very sensitive to what United and Delta think of SkyWest providing service for a competitor.

On the flip side, I've heard a rumor that AirTran is looking for a small jet lift partner.

Let's be optimistic for a moment:
1) Labreque is leaving...........(if he actually is showing his face @ the airport probably not)
2)Losing DAL owned a/c, but getting more "insert any a/c type" (ATR's) for a net gain of 1 a/c
3)The NMB has contacted our company and scared the bejesus (offered a proffer etc etc) out of them and they are running to the pilot group to smooth things over
4)The construction on C concourse is moving along but you are going to be without a clean bathroom or access to the ramp for 2 months
5)DAL is very unhappy with our performance and we are in dire starights to keep the contract with them.....
Oh wait, Optimistic Optimistic, Optimistic...Sorry
It's hard to be Optimistic when the company you work for does everything in their power to keep you down and nothing in their power to actually help you.

What poor operation??? After you adjust for ATC and Weather, we are top-notch!!!

They have a TDY bid for ATL FOs to go to LAX. What a joke our management is.

....no, seriously. Is that the 'announcement' that management came to tell us?

....no, seriously. Is that the 'announcement' that management came to tell us?

No, but I just saw it on ourasa. I also stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Latest resources

Back