Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Big 3 Bailout dead in Senate. GOP wanted steep UAW wage cuts, that was dealbreaker

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Chrysler is over 80% owned by Cerberus Capital Management, a private equity firm.
Yes, and I acknowledged that they were no longer owned by Dailmer back in post #6. Care to comment on why the US taxpayer should support Chrysler when their parent company is not willing to sink any more cash into them?

Really? I was watching the news back then and Bush & Cheney were not really talking about WMD's being a "small reason" for invading. Guess I was just hearing what I wanted to hear - wife says it to me all the time...

are you sure they were the only ones saying that...think about it!!!

are you sure they were the only ones saying that...think about it!!!
I did not say they were the only ones. It was a follow the leader sort of thing if I remember correctly.

[FONT=&quot]johnsonrod – I guess I can’t blame you for thinking I may have been serious since ridiculousness passes off as “good ideas” far too often…[/FONT]

I did not say they were the only ones. It was a follow the leader sort of thing if I remember correctly.

[FONT=&quot]johnsonrod – I guess I can’t blame you for thinking I may have been serious since ridiculousness passes off as “good ideas” far too often…[/FONT]
Mossad and the rest of the members of the UN security council could care less what our intel says. They do their own assesments seperate from the US's. But theirs all also said that Saddam was a threat and had WMD. It's just that we were the only country to have enough balls to do something about it.

Yes, and I acknowledged that they were no longer owned by Dailmer back in post #6. Care to comment on why the US taxpayer should support Chrysler when their parent company is not willing to sink any more cash into them?

Sorry. I missed post 6. I don't care to comment.

Where does it end BoilerUp? Should we bail out every industry impacted by the economic crisis? Housing industry? Hotel industry? All of the airlines? Should we use more debt to cover for bad management mistakes or a complete lack of risk management? What ever happened to risk management and preparing for worst-case scenarios?

Anyone who feels that the UAW package is acceptable (including the provision that someone can stay home and accept 95% of their pay for two years - it's called the "Job Bank" I believe) is seriously OUT OF TOUCH WITH REALITY. The Big 3 have been industry laggards for years. The last American car I owned broke down constantly - I bought Japanese and have never had any issues. And my car was probably built in Alabama.

In the end, we shouldn't use my hard-earned tax dollars to merely DELAY their Chapter 11 filings... Ford appears in better shape ($18B in cash) because it was probably managed better. How many brands does GM offer? Too many. You do not reward bad behavior because the systemic changes that are required NOW will be delayed...

While I (honestly!) agree with your fiscally conservative feelings toward bailouts...

I notice you didn't address the parallels between the airline and automotive industry...or if you personally felt legacy airlines going into bankruptcy to restructure (ie lower the cost of labor) was the "right thing to do" as you seem to in regards to the Big 3.

Did you think UAL 2000 and DAL 2001 pilot CBAs were "OUT OF TOUCH WITH REALITY"?

Mossad and the rest of the members of the UN security council could care less what our intel says. They do their own assesments seperate from the US's. But theirs all also said that Saddam was a threat and had WMD. It's just that we were the only country to have enough balls to do something about it.
My God, that is funny. We were the only one's who had the "balls" to do anything about it? You're right, we were the only ones who had teh balls to attack a country who posed no threat to the US. The jews benefit in no way by having another Islamic country getting it's a$$ handed to it by the US, now do they?

'Bush ordered the nation into war against Saddam Hussein's Iraq while citing intelligence claiming the Mideast nation harbored weapons of mass destruction. The weapons were never found, the intelligence was discredited, Bush's credibility with U.S. voters plummeted.' I know what your user name says, but I didn't thinkn you were serious about it until I read your posts. Good tihng we had the balls to go over there and get more than 4000 of our finest servicemen and women killed. Good for us, now, if only we can explain that to the dead's mother, father, children, spouses, etc. Check that Stupidpilot, if you told that to some dead serviceman's wife, you'd rightfully get smacked in the face. Your unpatriotic views are surprising and have no place on this forum. For you to justify what has gone on by saying "we were the only ones who had the balls to do anything about it' is nothing less than explicit disrespect for the men and women in uniform and it's entirely unacceptable, whether you wore the uniform or not; it's wrong and it's disgusting. Because you have military on your profile does not make you right.

Wow, being a little dramatic dont you think!

Good for us, now, if only we can explain that to the dead's mother, father, children, spouses, etc. Check that Stupidpilot, if you told that to some dead serviceman's wife, you'd rightfully get smacked in the face. Your unpatriotic views are surprising and have no place on this forum.

Wow, being a little dramatic dont you think!
No, not at all. I can remember a time not too long ago where if you didn't support the Patriot Act, The War in Iraq, Domestic Phone Taps, etc, you were quickly labeled unpatriotic by the right. It was just plain stupid. Now, I'm gonna flip the script. I'm tired of the GOP and their backers coming up with all this the wall stuff, consipracies, and 1/2 truths. I should leave it along I guess because it is helping a great many of them right out of office and to the unemployment lines, which is just great. They're sore losers, they really are. John McCain is the exception. He has been a class act since Obama won the election. And that was no surprise to me, I've always thought McCain was stand-up, I just didnt agree with the way he wanted to go about cleaning up the mess the rest of his party has gotten us into. Now the GOP is stupified as to why they lost the election, they still have not learned thier lesson. They better listen to guys like Powell and McCain if they ever want to get back to being relevent, because at this point, they are simply an after thought. LA governor Jindal (sp?) is not going to be the savior they think he is. Palin was too much to the right, and that really hurt them, but the true base of the GOP loves that kind of stuff and dvisiveness and segragation, but at the same time they say you better go to church to be a good Christian. To them, I simply pull my A$$ cheeks apart and invite them to rim out my brown eye!! Syrup at their discretion.
ah hahahahahahahahahahaah

Really, you need to be working for CNN or MSNBC. Well spouted.
Now, fire up that blob between your ears and riddle me this: How do you compete when your costs are higher than anyone else's in the industry and your products in less demand?

Latest resources

Back