Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Big 3 Bailout dead in Senate. GOP wanted steep UAW wage cuts, that was dealbreaker

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I fail to see how that is comparing apples to oragnes. And dont go pulling out some Voodoo economics to rationalize your response. I don't give 2 sh!ts about the unions. I just find it amusing how so many union members vote GOP. It's the same as all of us corporate pilots voting Carl Ichan head of the NBAA. Finally, you wonder why this is in the corporate section 2 posts after you posted this one. Why did you respond to this in the 1st place. I guess my post p!ssed you off because you assumed I was pro union, and now you want to know why it's in the corporate section.

No, you didn't "pi$$ me off" I guess you are mad at the GOP? Might want to be mad at our goverment, most of them stink, Dems and Reps.

in your opinion what have we been doing? :confused:
Now I am at the point where I don't know if you are kidding or being serious. He was wrong, we are liberating Iraq and at the exact same time the military is over there 'defending the rights and freedoms of US citizens', right? That is laughable. U must be kidding. What are we liberating Iraq from? The US? We went over there and illigally and without provocation, invaded their soverign country. Why? Was US 'Freedom Attacked' by the Iraqis? Come on man. We;re wrong for being over there, we're wrong for invading them, and we're wrong for justifying it. If you think it is OK to invade a country like that, if you agree with being in Iraq then youa re unpatriotic. Plane and simple, you have no respect for the men and women in uniform, the 4000+ killed, and the constitution. Don't get on here and dishonor the dead Veterans by saying they died defending our freedoms or any BS like that.. they died for nothing. Good men and women wasted. that's what people who say they died defending us in some way from Iraq did by putting them in harms ways in Iraq; wasted those good people's lives. There's is no logical reason for them to have been over there, we knew they didn't haev any weapons. Hans Blick, a well respected UN Inspector told us so. He could find no WMDs, same as the US didnt.

Where does it end BoilerUp?

[FONT=&quot]Johnsonrod – Why does it have to end? What the H double L are you thinking? Its Christmas brother. Now if we can add a little bit to the bailout for the charities that lost everything in the Madoff Ponzi scheme. Think of all those executive directors out there with no funds to do their good work. Throw in a little more for the Hedgies and wealthy who lost out for they also contribute to the economy much like the hard working UAW brothers and sisters. Belly-up pigs – taxpayer dollars are nothing but slop in the trough. Get while the gettin is good… [/FONT]

Now I am at the point where I don't know if you are kidding or being serious. He was wrong, we are liberating Iraq and at the exact same time the military is over there 'defending the rights and freedoms of US citizens', right? That is laughable. U must be kidding. What are we liberating Iraq from? The US? We went over there and illigally and without provocation, invaded their soverign country. Why? Was US 'Freedom Attacked' by the Iraqis? Come on man. We;re wrong for being over there, we're wrong for invading them, and we're wrong for justifying it. If you think it is OK to invade a country like that, if you agree with being in Iraq then youa re unpatriotic. Plane and simple, you have no respect for the men and women in uniform, the 4000+ killed, and the constitution. Don't get on here and dishonor the dead Veterans by saying they died defending our freedoms or any BS like that.. they died for nothing. Good men and women wasted. that's what people who say they died defending us in some way from Iraq did by putting them in harms ways in Iraq; wasted those good people's lives. There's is no logical reason for them to have been over there, we knew they didn't haev any weapons. Hans Blick, a well respected UN Inspector told us so. He could find no WMDs, same as the US didnt.

Wow short memory, and selective take on history. I guess

Without provocation, really...didn't Sadam invade Kuwait? Didn't Sadam agree to terms of the cease fire (un)? Didn't Sadam not follow UN mandates? I guess 9/11 was enough for us to go on the offensive for rogue leaders who thumb their noses at the world. The WMD were only a small reason for the offensive move of the US. Yet some people think that is what it was all about. I think the wars stinks, I agree on that, hindsite we could have done it differently.

Put the Kool-aid down.

The WMD were only a small reason for the offensive move of the US.

Really? I was watching the news back then and Bush & Cheney were not really talking about WMD's being a "small reason" for invading. Guess I was just hearing what I wanted to hear - wife says it to me all the time...

I drive a Chevrolet Tahoe. Never had any issues with it. Love the thing. But I know this. You can't pay a person $50 an hour to build a car and expect to sell it to a person making $10.00 an hour. The bubble will burst. A GM employee told this to me 15 years ago. Guess the bubble exploded. I lost heavely on GM stock. Do not use my tax dollars to bail the damn things out!

They pay airline capts just as much and sell tickets to people who make $10/hour.

[FONT=&quot]Johnsonrod – Why does it have to end? What the H double L are you thinking? Its Christmas brother. Now if we can add a little bit to the bailout for the charities that lost everything in the Madoff Ponzi scheme. Think of all those executive directors out there with no funds to do their good work. Throw in a little more for the Hedgies and wealthy who lost out for they also contribute to the economy much like the hard working UAW brothers and sisters. Belly-up pigs – taxpayer dollars are nothing but slop in the trough. Get while the gettin is good… [/FONT]

You're kidding, right? You're drinking again, right? That's one of the lamest things I have ever heard. What a dork. Sure, saddle our country in more and more debt to bail out, in many cases, terrible managers who didn't understand risk management. We can't (and we shouldn't) bail out everyone.

If you bail out stupid people (bad managers) you are implicitly sending the message that it is OK to take huge gambles because you will have a safety net ready to catch you if you fail (it's called moral hazzard). That would be sending the wrong message. GM is a great example of a company that has been terribly mismanaged. They should have restructred years ago. It has far too many brands and it's growth rate (and market share) have dropped. It doesn't deserve tax payer money that will merely delay its eventual entry into Chap 11. GM probably required $30-50 billion to survive outside bankruptcy. The current amount offered is not enough for GM and won't last long at all - so why delay the inevitable and waste taxpayer money in the process?

Latest resources

Back