• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

I Hate Freight

Here is the agreement we consented to when purchasing BidPro:

"LICENSE AGREEMENT

This software is protected by United States Copyright Law. By installing the software you agree to abide by the terms of this agreement.

You are hereby granted license for unlimited use of the BidPro software on your own personal computers. Allowing your copy of the registration file to be used by another person to activate BidPro software on the other person's computer is expressly prohibited by this agreement."

And now this Garbage!

Important BidPro Announcement

Effective June 1, 2006, BidPro will be sold and licensed on a subscription basis. After that date, program updates and technical support will only be available to users who have a current, active BidPro subscription.

Here are some answers to common questions about this change:

1) Why are you changing how BidPro is sold and licensed?
During the eight years that BidPro has been available for American Eagle crewmembers, we have frequently updated BidPro and provided technical support at no charge. The number of BidPro users has grown substantially over the years, also increasing our costs and workload. Because the number of new users purchasing the program has not offset our increased costs, we are faced with the choice of offering BidPro as a subscription program or stopping all production and technical support.

All of our programs are now, or will soon be subscription programs.

2) How does this change benefit me?
Switching BidPro to a subscription program allows us to:
a) continue to provide the program to American Eagle crewmembers;
b) continue to provide technical support to all subscribers and expand technical support staff as the user base grows;
c) continue to provide program updates that correct or adapt to contractual, bidding, or other changes brought about by American Eagle; and
d) improve the program by adding new features such as vacation, training, and conflict sorting and elimination settings.

3) I have previously purchased BidPro. How will this affect me.
Current BidPro users will be granted a subscription that expires 18 months from their original purchase date. For example, if you purchased BidPro on Nov 1, 2005, you would be granted a subscription that expires on May 1, 2007.

4) What happens when that granted subscription expires?
After the granted subscription expires (or if you are not eligible for a granted subscription), you will need to start a paid subscription to continue to use BidPro. When this is necessary, BidPro will prompt you to start a paid subscription and guide you thorough the process.

5) How much will a paid subscription cost?
A paid subscription to BidPro costs $7.95 / month. The subscription is automatically re-billed every month until it is canceled.

6) What happens if I don't use BidPro. Will I still be billed?
A BidPro subscription is automatically re-billed every month until it is canceled. You can cancel your BidPro subscription at any time and re-subscribe again later.

7) What if I don't want to start a paid subscription?
If you choose not to start a paid subscription, you may still use BidPro to view the monthly bid sheets. However, you will not be able to access any of the sorting or elimination settings and will not be provided technical support.

8) I am using the free 60-day trial and have not yet purchased BidPro. Should I purchase BidPro now, or after June 1?
If you are using the BidPro trial, you should consider purchasing the program now, before the subscription program starts. If you purchase the program now for $79.95, you will be granted an 18-month subscription valued at $143.10.

Guys,
With regard to items #'s 5 & 6 in the contract; I've been trying to cancel BidPro since November of 2005 (furlough date). I have sent multiple emails (over 8)...all unanswered. I have called their phone number twice a month since Nov. Each time I get a recorded msg "the mailbox belonging to BidPro is full...please try your call again later". I have been billed each & every month. I've contacted my credit card company & they have been unable to reach BidPro. I've filed official "Dispute of Charges" paperwork every month with Visa. It's like clockwork, every billing cycle they show up & every month I attempt to contact them with no joy, then every month Visa has to take action against them. It's become a joke...an $ 8.00 dollar/month joke. Be warned.

SaabStory said:
Guys,
I've filed official "Dispute of Charges" paperwork every month with Visa..

I own a small business and if a customer disputes a charge, even if it is correct, they bill me $10. If people are doing this monthly, it seems to me it would cost them some serious $$....

I own a small business and if a customer disputes a charge, even if it is correct, they bill me $10. If people are doing this monthly, it seems to me it would cost them some serious $$....

Great, now we can look forward to Bid Pro charging $8.95/Month!

Joey Bayonne said:
Great, now we can look forward to Bid Pro charging $8.95/Month!

Everyone, send LOUD, ANGRY email to the owners of Bidpro via their website at www.bidpro.com. Tell them we will not tolerate them breaking their legal agreement with us!!

SaabStory said:
Guys,
With regard to items #'s 5 & 6 in the contract; I've been trying to cancel BidPro since November of 2005 (furlough date). I have sent multiple emails (over 8)...all unanswered. I have called their phone number twice a month since Nov. Each time I get a recorded msg "the mailbox belonging to BidPro is full...please try your call again later". I have been billed each & every month. I've contacted my credit card company & they have been unable to reach BidPro. I've filed official "Dispute of Charges" paperwork every month with Visa. It's like clockwork, every billing cycle they show up & every month I attempt to contact them with no joy, then every month Visa has to take action against them. It's become a joke...an $ 8.00 dollar/month joke. Be warned.

Hey SAAB

Here's an easy way to cancel it. Call the credit card company and tell them you have misplaced your card. They will cancel that card and send you a new one. The cancelled account number will no longer work. I did this a few years ago because of a similar situation. Worked like a charm! Funny thing is, the abusing company was quick to contact me after their charges would not go through! That was a fun conversation!

I have not seen this from bidpro. Is the monthly fee just for Eagle or is it across the board?

Unit
Longtime BidProer

Latest resources

Back