Biannual without a medical?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

philcam

I know Part 61 allows a CFI to instruct w/o a medical as long as his is not acting as PIC. HOWEVER, can a CFI give a biannual flight review to a private pilot while the private pilot doesn't have a medical?

Sorta like some students on thier first flight. Most don't have a medical, but can still fly and log this time.......

The CFI is not required to have a medical as long as he is not serving as Pilot in Command. If the Private Pilot receiving the BFR does not have a medical, then who is PIC?

Someone legally has to be PIC, and if the Private Pilot does not have a medical, then the CFI must have one.

yes please, biennials only.

Come on dude, it's not twice a year it's every two.

hahaha you guys are amateurs at nit-picking. The best of them say its a "Flight Review" ; theyre aint no such thing as "BFR" or "Biennial FR" in the FARS!
Its 61.56, do a search for the word 'biennial'.
Whatever...

Ummmmm, yeah. I'm well aware that it is just a "flight review" now. What does that have to do with what it was called before?
"Biennial" and "biannual" mean two completely different things. And how is that nit-picking?

brianjohn said:
"Biennial" and "biannual" mean two completely different things. And how is that nit-picking?
Because neither is accurate. Biannual means it has to be done twice a year. Biennial means it has to be done every two years.

Neither is required. A pilot can go 20 years without a flight review, take one and be good to go that same day.

That's why the FAA got rid of biennial. It wasn't correct to begin with.

My whole original point is that I've heard of a private getting a "biennial" but not a "biannual."
And without that flight review within the past 24 calendar months, one cannot act as PIC.
Correct???

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back