Beverages Thru Security

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyinhigh21

I have an overnight coming up and plan on visiting the local micro brewery. Do any of you guys ever take a couple bottles of craft brews thru screening in your roller bag? It seems like it would be fine since they are unopened. Any advice? Thanks.

Sure, it's no problem at all.

I also intentionally carry or make visible a large waterbottle while going through security whenever possible, so the passengers can see that we're allowed to bring liquids through. Whatever I can do to make the entire security process look dumb.

Your question reminds me of a funny moment returning from a non-rev trip overseas. I was through customs and going towards the connecting flight security checkpoint, the one that you have the option of going through immediately after clearing customs. I had brought back two or three bottles of wine from wherever it was, and I needed to put my uniform shirt and tie on to get through with them since I was in a polo shirt and my black uniform pants.

I went over to a quiet area by some self check-in kiosks to do this and noticed a person changing into a flight attendant uniform to do apparently a similar mission, and then a guy with a luggage works crew bag walks up a minute later as me and the F/A are there in our undershirts digging through our bags...he puts his bag down on the floor to do, yes, the same thing as us, grins and says "what is this, the locker room?" One of those times you just have to look at the scene you currently find yourself in and shake your head at how silly it is!

Be careful your fom may prohibit you from bringing alcohol in your bags.

Does anyone recall what the alcohol concentration is that's prohibited due to hazmat? Before I break out the book I was wondering if anyone knew off the top of their head. I want to bring home a bottle of Scotch as a Christmas gift to someone.

I like to hold my giant as I go thru the metal detector. But I still have to take off the coat....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back