• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best way to FedEx

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
empire does have an excutive refferal program but no one wants to try it therefore no one has made it that way. i don't know why this is maybe tired of night frieght. you would think that being in their system would be a bonus hard to tell with no precedts.i am not the person who knows how fex sees this.

spitfire1500 said:
If your friend is female or part of a "minority" they may get hired before the interview is even over!! I have a friend (no 121PIC at all) interviewed and hired at Continental on the spot. I know of two others at my company that just got hired at UPS......none with "the curse of the cracker boy"!

What a Wad of crap Spitfire.............Tell you what!.. next time you're prancing around a terminal count out maybe fifty pilots you see and I'll bet you it's less than five are minority or female. I'm sorry but aviation is still the"ol boys" network as a profession, and it is certainly not emblematical of the demographic makeup of the United States. It's still ten times as hard for a minority/female candidate to even much less get an interview if you're not carrying the White anglo male Go card..............The percentages are even ten times more staggering if you're talking about the corporate flying arena. I have a friend of mine who his Lebonese and has a Muslim name, he has qualifying times well over what most Regionals ask and he's still stuck in a 172 (going on 4 years)......I know for a fact these HR departments toss his resume as soon as the see his name on the top of the resume....What a shame? America the beautiful Huh? Makes me wonder?

dueguard1 said:
What a Wad of crap Spitfire.............Tell you what!.. next time you're prancing around a terminal count out maybe fifty pilots you see and I'll bet you it's less than five are minority or female. I'm sorry but aviation is still the"ol boys" network as a profession, and it is certainly not emblematical of the demographic makeup of the United States. It's still ten times as hard for a minority/female candidate to even much less get an interview if you're not carrying the White anglo male Go card..............The percentages are even ten times more staggering if you're talking about the corporate flying arena. I have a friend of mine who his Lebonese and has a Muslim name, he has qualifying times well over what most Regionals ask and he's still stuck in a 172 (going on 4 years)......I know for a fact these HR departments toss his resume as soon as the see his name on the top of the resume....What a shame? America the beautiful Huh? Makes me wonder?

You are correct walking around the terminal, you see more white male pilots than any other denominator. That is because more men than woman choose this career. I have never witnessed any racism in the Airlines, I have worked with many black, latino, asian, and even French guy. I have never seen them treated as anything other then piece of turd pilot like the rest of us. That being said, there is a requirement of companies to demonstrate ethnic diversity of its employees. Being that less woman and those of different ethnic backgorounds apply for jobs they have a higher likelyhood of being hired.

UsAirship said:
I have never seen them treated as anything other then piece of turd pilot like the rest of us.
Plus, then we have to deal with our own fellow pilots making comments under their breath because they automatically think we were just handed the job. :rolleyes: I wonder how much experience some of the macho "women are stealing our jobs" men think would make us worthy to actually get a pilot job and not make automatic assumptions. Anyone????

UsAirship said:
You are correct walking around the terminal, you see more white male pilots than any other denominator. That is because more men than woman choose this career. I have never witnessed any racism in the Airlines, I have worked with many black, latino, asian, and even French guy. I have never seen them treated as anything other then piece of turd pilot like the rest of us. That being said, there is a requirement of companies to demonstrate ethnic diversity of its employees. Being that less woman and those of different ethnic backgorounds apply for jobs they have a higher likelyhood of being hired.

Hi USAirship,

When did you fly the sks600 blimp? Would you mind answering a few questions about the biz? You can PM me. Thanks Steve

UsAirship said:
You are correct walking around the terminal, you see more white male pilots than any other denominator. That is because more men than woman choose this career. I have never witnessed any racism in the Airlines, I have worked with many black, latino, asian...
That's because black, latino and asian parents are smart enough to tell their children, "No...you're going to school to be a..."

• Doctor
  • Lawyer
  • Dentite
  • Teacher
  • Phlebotomist
  • Musician
  • Artiste
  • Chef
  • Engineer
  • Class II or III SOT
  • Fill in the blank

airmasn said:
For those of you who work at FedEx...can a new hire or a probationary pilot sponsor someone? The only people I know flying at FedEx have been there less than a year.
thanks

Yes, you can sponsor someone from day one at Fedex.

dueguard1 said:

White people are the overwhelming majority of country music consumers/artist too. Does that make Willie Nelson a racist too?

White go card? Go to any flight school and tell me how many non white students you see. That might explain why there is not more non-white people in professional aviation. You got to learn how to fly first.

As for you muslim friend. I agree with ya- he's f*cked.

EXECUTIVE REFERAL-

Been There, Done That, Got the T Shirt-

NO CALLS.

Man, and I thought that was my way out of this hell hole.

Is it true that FEDEX requires you to have already filed your separation papers with the active duty before they will even look at interviewing you? I am currently an IP/SEFE in an active duty fighter squadron and wanting to maneuver over to FEDEX. Let me know if anyone has any thoughts.

Latest resources

Back