• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best way to describe "reserve" to non-aviation friends/family

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tell them you don't have time to talk about it. You're too busy working.

My uncle bought me two baseball hats. One says "working" the other says "not working".

Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference. Just one more benefit to living in base:pimp:

Tell your brother that he can have the exact same easy street life you have. All he has to do is pony up $60,000, lose 10 years of his life pursuing that major airline gig (without the guarantee of achieving it), spend over half the month away from his family while working towards that goal, and live on poverty scale wages while all of his friends are making good money and buying houses, cars, etc.

Then tell him to stop being such a lazy POS himself. If he got up off his a$$ and jumped through all the hoops you did, he could be CEO of the Sofa too!

I prefer Sofa King.

Well, we did.

Todd did too.

I'm sofa king. We Todd did.

Tell your brother that he can have the exact same easy street life you have. All he has to do is pony up $60,000, lose 10 years of his life pursuing that major airline gig (without the guarantee of achieving it), spend over half the month away from his family while working towards that goal, and live on poverty scale wages while all of his friends are making good money and buying houses, cars, etc.

Then tell him to stop being such a lazy POS himself. If he got up off his a$$ and jumped through all the hoops you did, he could be CEO of the Sofa too!

Exactly, it is a major sacrifice(lifestyle and monetarily) with no assurance you'll ever get the dream. Even if you do get it, it probably won't last your entire career and then the dream just became a nightmare.

this isn't a dilema like you mentioned. I tell them in staffing gets tight and people get sick you end up working more than anyone else. and tell your brother to quit with the envy crap.

Latest resources

Back