best uniform shirt

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

beats working

Just curious if anyone has ever seen 100% cotton airline style uniform shirts. If so, where could I find one. I have always hated the feel of polyester and am willing to do some ironing in the hotel to have a comfortable shirt. Any suggestions??

Thanks!

Van Heusen

I agree with you 100% about cotton shirts. Despite the upkeep, there's nothing like them, but . . .

Years ago, I bought some Van Heusen pilot shirts that were something like 65% cotton-45% polyester. I ordered them from the factory. They were great shirts. They stood up to the most vitriolic coin-operated laundries around and always came out great. I gave them away a few years ago and wish I could get them back. You might take a look at them at this link .

Last edited:
Re: Van Heusen

bobbysamd said:
I agree with you 100% about cotton shirts. Despite the upkeep, there's nothing like them, but . . .

Years ago, I bought some Van Heusen pilots shirts that were something like 65% cotton-45% polyester. I ordered them from the factory. They were great shirts. They stood up to the most vitriolic coin-operated laundries around and always came out great. I gave them away a few years ago and wish I could get them back. You might take a look at them at this link .

I'll second that. Van Heusen shirts are pretty good. They are really sturdy, they're also cheap, which is the most important thing!:D

Pilotshirts.com

100% cotton, great price, customer service, and tapered one's don't make you look like a circus tent. HIGHLY reccomended!!! If you order two, I'd suggest ordering one that's "tapered" and a normal one, and return the one that doesn't fit. They're totally cool about exchanging the one you don't want.

Mookie

I'm with Mookie on this one. Get the tapered version from Pilotshirts.Com I've tried a lot of other types, and these are my favorites in terms of quality, price and fit. The tapered really do look better. And hey, now that winter uniform season is almost here, we wont have to iron the shirts!

what about 100% cotton?

Thanks for the replies. I agree about the pilotshirts.com deal, but the website only has cotton blends (60/40,etc). Has anyone seen a real 100% cotton pilot shirt?

BW

my pilotshirts.com shirts are all 100% cotton, so I don't know why it wouldn't be on the website. try and give them a shout.

don't go for the sweater with epaulets, looks like a uniform for a russian sub. of course, just an opinion. I'm certainly not the fashion police....or am I?

Mookie:D

Mookie said:
...don't go for the sweater with epaulets, looks like a uniform for a russian sub...

Sweet! A chance to make good use of that Sean Connery/Marko Ramius accent. ("Personally, I give us.. One chance in three.") (or "Be careful! Most things in here do not react too well to bullets.")

The pilotshirts.com tapered shirts I see only come in shortsleeve variants. Anyone have an opinion on the Landerwood shirts?

Landerwood

I use to order from him when I was at ACA and we didn't have any requirements on brand. Great guy to talk to on the phone and super service. If I remember right he started out making them for Piedmont folks. I really liked his 60/40 blends. Good luck

Humble

Latest resources

Back