• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best Twin for ME instruction?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's a wonder that Sheble's airplanes make it back to the ground in one piece, let alone get airborne.

Aerostar for the win.
I did mine in an Aerostar because it's what the boss had. Brought up a guy from Vero Beach, can't remember his name now, but he was really good. It was a handful, but it made me really learn how to fly. The only downside was that Aerostars are always the center of attention, so every time I screwed up a landing, everybody at the airport was watching.

I was fortunate enought to fly about 25 hours in 1997 in a travelaire owned by a gal who thought she'd fly it about 500 hours and then get hired by United! Only problem: she hated turbulence and flying in the clouds...she and her husband sold it later. Wish I had the money, a great airplane.
Ironically enough, eleven years later, I got hired at united, only to be furloughed 5 months later....

Have trained in the Duchess Be-76 for years, it is the best for training, I think. Version I fly has the unfeathering accumulators.
Did my ATP in a seminole, not even close to the Duchess.

Last edited:
i would love to fly a twin comanche. 200 mph on 16 gph would be a dream. here in jax though it looks like atp for the 4 hour quickie, or a crappy seneca 1 going for a mere $300 an hour dual. ouch! if i could only afford to do the rating in the beech 58- what a machine......

It really is a great airplane. I have about 300 hours in them (about 150 as instructor) and the only problem it ever gave me was when I couldn't get the prop out of feather and the engine restarted after demonstrating a precautionary shutdown and feather with a student. Ended up landing single engine. The student was sweating bullets; but, I had a smile on my face the whole time.

Treat a Twin Comanche right and she'll be great to you.....be mean or disrespect her and she'll bite you in the rear very quickly. Just like every one of my ex's. Actually, none of them actually treated me right at all. Damn...I guess that airplane is truly the love of my life!

Latest resources

Back