• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best Twin for ME instruction?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, if you are going to go there - Beech 18 round engine - conventional gear......

Well, how about......

um....

yeah, I got nothin.

Aerostar for the win.

AC, I thought about the aerostar (in iceing) but the BE18 with the tail wheel and the (for lack of a better word - tired) round engines, non standard instrument layout, stick shaker - would be a worse primary trainer.

But, "A" for effort....

Beech 18 all the way. Seriously though, having flown the aztruck, the twin comanche, the seminole, the apache (150hp and the Geronimo) my vote goes to the Travel Air. I think it flies the nicest of the lot and in my 4 years of owning one it has been a relatively maintenance free bird. Aside from the training aspect it also makes a nice X-C airplane. I regularly get 165kts at about 18gph. Not bad for a light twin. Just my 2 cents

What's wrong with a tail wheel? Or round engines? :laugh:

To me, both are wonderful. A friend of mine took a soon to be ME pilot on a frieght run in a BE18 one night. The kid was following him on the controls during the landing and taxi in. The kid decided he wanted to stop the aircraft (without telling my friend) and parked the aircraft nose down in the dirt, tail high in the air.

Tailwheel, IMHO all cabin class Beech's are great aircraft. When was the last time you say a travelair out for student rental?

Sheble (I think thats how its spelled) Aviation in IGM has four of them for ME trainers. There is a school in Dallas, I believe out of RBD, that specializes in ME training over a three day course that has 3 or 4 of them. There is also two schools in Houston that each use one. Thats the few I know.

Sheble (I think thats how its spelled) Aviation in IGM has four of them for ME trainers. There is a school in Dallas, I believe out of RBD, that specializes in ME training over a three day course that has 3 or 4 of them. There is also two schools in Houston that each use one. Thats the few I know.

Wow, that's great. I have not seen one in 20 years.

Latest resources

Back