• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rainbow roll

Gulfstream 200 said:
yeah. rainbow roll sounds farmiliar...

is it the one witht he diffrent color fish eggs? (hence rainbow)?
The one I know has different colored fish, e.g., salmon, yellowtail, etc.

I like sushi with eggs. No, it's not the same kind of salmon eggs fishermen use . . . .
yum. I could live off sushi.
Yes. If it wasn't so expensive.

You could eat far worse things than sushi. Good sushi will always feature extremely fresh fish. Most of it is raw, yes, raw, meaning it is not adulterated with fats and other things that clog your arteries and lead to losing your medical. When you think about it, sushi is an extremely simple food, and easy to digest.

It's just so expensive . . . . .

Lord knows I'm no sushi expert (prefer BBQ), but I was introduced to it at Rusan's in Charlotte by a buddy who is into sushi. He claims that Rusan's is great and I must admit I enjoyed it and have returned quite a few times.

"Real" sushi

House_X said:
Guys...guys...guys...

What's up w/ the rolls? I thought we were talking about REAL sushi?

Hamachi, Toro, Mirugai, Uni, Ikura w/ raw qauil egg...

Wakarimasika?

Oyasumi nasai...
I've had uni. Also, "real" calamari on top of the little cakes of rice; I forget the term for sashimi served on top of the rice cakes.

For that matter, most every time we go I order the large dinner that features primarily sashimi on top of the cakes.

The Sushi Den is overrated! Try Sushi Zanmai in Boulder... Z#9 roll is the real deal. Although they both probably get their fish from the same place.
Another good place, small and friendly with great sushi, is Osaka Sushi... I think it is off of Colorado and just South of Cerry Creek South.... Not sure...
Adios
Snowman

Hey Bob...

I just went to the Samurai on Arapahoe and Havana for lunch today. Not too bad. I got filled up for about 13.00 + tip.

SK:cool:

Denver sushi

snowman[/i] [b]The Sushi Den is overrated! Try Sushi Zanmai in Boulder... Z#9 roll is the real deal. Although they both probably get their fish from the same place. Another good place said:
I just went to the Samurai on Arapahoe and Havana for lunch today. Not too bad. I got filled up for about 13.00 + tip.
There's the Old Siam Restaurant at Mississippi and Parker, which serves up excellent sushi at a competitive (but still uncheap) price.
Originally posted by Hugh Jorgan
Not if you make it yourself...and it's easy to make. Try it sometime.
There's a book out called Sushi at Home by Kay Shimizu. Interesting read, though I recall that the rice appeared to be tricky to make, and it was obvious one needs really sharp knives to do the job right.

Good topic. Bon appetit!

Last year I went to Sushi Club in Reno, they have an all you can eat for lunch and dinner. I think it was around 18, you could just sit at the sushi bar and just order roll after roll. Was **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** good!

Yeah I bought a book on making sushi, and I have made several kinds of rolls. It isnt that hard really, at least for some basic stuff like california rolls.

And a sharp knife does help!

try Sushi Monda in LAS, about a block from the Stratosphere. About 20bucks for all you can eat. Kinda hole in the wall, but good.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back