• Friendliest aviation community on the web

hockeypilot44

air wisconsin - stagnant, but not bad
asa - fighting with management, losing planes to skywest
skywest - undercutting asa
mesa - need i say more
comair- about to take pay cuts, no growth, future up in air
tsa - *************************s fiasco, furloughing
*************************s - growing, but ********************ty airline to peers
chautauqua/shuttle/republic - growing, decent pay, ********************ty airline to peers
horizon - no growth
expressjet - excellent contract, but no growth
pinnacle - ********************ty contract, ********************ty pft pilots
mesaba - going backwards
psa - not bad, but no new upgrades in months or years
piedmont - they fly dashes

if i had to pick one as a cfi, i would probably take chautauqua yet everyone here bashes it along with mesa and other airlines. there's nothing out there much better. maybe go jets, but not worth it due to our peers. i get tired of seeing airlines bashed here all the time. we're all pilots trying to make a living, and we all want the best pay and quality of life that we can get. stop looking down on each other. every regional kind of sucks right now.

i always wanted to be the second person on a 10 page thread.

id go to chautauqua except they just upgraded some real douchbags...

I would say the best regional to work for would be one with the quickest upgrade, even if it's a turboprop. Build your 121 PIC time and go get a job that you can live off of.

If you happen to have a husband/wife supporting you and money isn't an issue, then obviously the best regional job would be whatever is best for your QOL.

They're all regionals and they all have good points and bad ones. They might not fly regional routes anymore or or even be in one area but still pull in a lot of people from their major bases.

Nothing wrong with someone from Seatle wanting to fly at Horizon (no growth) instead of Comair flying out of MCO. Or someone from SLC wanting to fly for Skywest(non-union, ASA problem) instead of Xjet out of Cleveland. Samething for folks out of PHX who rather fly for Mesa (labor hating mgmt) instead of AWACs out of whatever east coast city they fly out of now. They're all regionals and have something for everyone (quicker upgrade, don't have to commute, a dollar more pay, hotter F/A,....

i agree. get tired of seeing ******************** taco, hojets, freedumb......especially from eagle, comair, and asa guys. your airlines not any better. comair voted for two pay concessions. chautauqua never did. mesa had to take a ********************ty contract to get rid of freedom. asa isn't doing so good right now, but it's delta's fault these other airlines are flying in ATL, not the pilots. grow up you immature little boys.

I would say Expressjet, Skywest, Horizon and Chautauqua, in that order. Pick the one that has a base you can move to or commute easily from. That's if you don't have any connections at the majors and don't just need quick PIC time. Personally I have no 4-year degree and no connections so I"ll be here for awhile. Oh well.

If you just need PIC time I hear Mesa is hiring street captains for the Dash-8, and pilots are always leaving Pinnacle in hordes, doubt it would take more than 2 years there. Don't base your decision on what everyone else thinks about the company, do what's best for yourself within reason (i.e. don't scab or do gayjets).

My favorite question, which regional? It's like asking which Port-A-Crapper to go int for your business, they all stink.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back