Best Regional?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
shinydiscoballs said:
Just curious who is the best regional out there to work for right now.

The one you dont have to commute to get to work... BUT if you had to choose the best regional it depends what you r interested in.

Chicago Express isn't all that bad. Great Schedule, not hard to get time off and looks like they will be bringing jets on the property soon.

purdue_pilot said:
What does everyone think about PDT?
Yeah Piedmont is great if you love a five year upgrade time and a 3 in 14 washout rate in training. Other than that, not too bad. Out of bankruptcy and not shrinking i think!!!

skychicken said:
Yeah Piedmont is great if you love a five year upgrade time and a 3 in 14 washout rate in training. Other than that, not too bad. Out of bankruptcy and not shrinking i think!!!

Hmm.

Training is getting better. Contract is ok; I make beaucoup $$ compared to several of my friends at *insert RJ fleet here*, usually credit 100/mo (had vacation in OCT, 21 days off, credit 88hrs), have the 3K hours for upgrade whenever that will be, and I have a life. Bigger fish to fry in the meantime... I never sat reserve in 16 months (and always had at least 10 below me in base). Looks like that's a possibility 'round Jan 1. For now, the DEC lines look pretty good (14-16 days off).

We'll see.

Not to mention the plane is fun as he!! to fly.

Ganja60Heavy said:
ASA is the best.

That is....hired today, you'll likely upgrade in 6 months because when SkyWest announces the new cuts to pay, QOL, and bennies, attrition will SkyRocket to about 120/month.

You'll make crap wages, be treated like garbage, and have to buy tickets on Delta at a 10% discount in order to commute or "non-rev"...

--BUT--

You'll be a Captain........of an RJ!

Cool!!! Sign me up! Not!

Best regional?? That's like asking what's best between a Yugo, Pinto, and a Dodge Dart.

What appeals to some doesn't appeal to others. Would you like to fly a sexy CRJ or ERJ and be the jet jock, but have a long upgrade? Or fly a turboprop to not-so-exotic places, but perhaps have a quicker upgrade? I'm currently the latter capacity and have no complaints. Ganja brings up a great point: commuting and what you may have to pay out-of-pocket. My benefits are great (USAirways Express) and I can travel just about anywhere for FREE. That's a HUGE perk. There really isn't one place that is head-and-shoulders above others as THE regional to work for.

Snaab

Last edited:
Snaab said:
Best regional?? That's like asking what's best between a Yugo, Pinto, and a Dodge Dart.

I'll have to go with the Pinto!!!:laugh: :beer:

Latest resources

Back