Great Lakes??:erm: Is there a "best"???:confused:

snap145

Total Time
5+
Go Jets.....obviously!
go

shinydiscoballs

Total Time
give me a break and be serious i need to know which is the best regional out there that one can retire at since the majors took one big enough for an elephant to feel.

say again

I love her ARSE!!!!
Total Time
shinydiscoballs said:
give me a break and be serious i need to know which is the best regional out there that one can retire at since the majors took one big enough for an elephant to feel.
We are being serious, that's the sad thing. I worked for a regional and got out. I'm currently flying corporate and couldn't be happier.:pimp: I vow to myself never to go back to the regionals, because to me it's just not worth it anymore!!!:beer:

flyer172r

Total Time
whichever one isn't coming up on or going through contract negotiations. Sorry but there really isn't a serious answer. If there was everyone would work there.

WMUSIGPI

The $100,000,000 Question
Total Time
5000+
shinydiscoballs said:
Just curious who is the best regional out there to work for right now.
Trick questions aren't nice....Try again

GaryHensch707

Total Time
I think GJ might be the best regional. They have the most potential for growth.

LPamp

Total Time
7500+
Skywest, Horizon, or Continential Express I think are some of the better ones!

-LP-

Ganja60Heavy

what we talking about?
Total Time
3 time
ASA is the best.

That is....hired today, you'll likely upgrade in 6 months because when SkyWest announces the new cuts to pay, QOL, and bennies, attrition will SkyRocket to about 120/month.

You'll make crap wages, be treated like garbage, and have to buy tickets on Delta at a 10% discount in order to commute or "non-rev"...

--BUT--

You'll be a Captain........of an RJ!

OttoPilot

Total Time
.77 Yr
shinydiscoballs said:
Just curious who is the best regional out there to work for right now.
Mesaba still has "Regional Airline of the Year" stickers on the side of their aircraft. They must be the best.

"GO AROUND"

Again?!?!?
Total Time
7900+
You should have asked what the worst regionals to work for are. You would have gotten better answers. The problem is the best today could be the worst tomorrow. No I'm not kidding.

MJG

Total Time
7000+
About once every 4 months on here there is a thread titled "Best Regional".

Hence why you get so many smartass answers.

Use the search function. It will give you all the reading you could ever want.

WMUSIGPI

The $100,000,000 Question
Total Time
5000+
True however 4 months ago everyone was saying Mesaba is the place to go. This is the best time to get on. Everyone hired after Jan 24 is looking for a new job (or at least unemployment). Guess it's not such a great place anymore. This industry has got to be one of the most unstable garbage industries in existence. Great today on the street tomorrow.

spitfire1500

Total Time
Enough
Mesa baby!!! "Regional Airline of the year" according to Air Transport World!!What a bunch of B.S.!! Regionals all suck!!

Socalplt

Total Time
x
The Best? Hard to define. To some the best may offer a quick upgrade, to others pay and QOL. Mesaba was the place in 99, Comair has/had a great contract, both probably not very desirable now unless you have a lot of seniority. Horizon pays good, but upgrade some time in the next decade if you're lucky. SkyWest/ASA pays OK with some growth in the future. MESA - never hear a good thing about them.

SkyBoy1981

Bring a towel!
Total Time
LPamp said:
Skywest, Horizon, or Continential Express I think are some of the better ones!

-LP-
Agreed. I can't complain too much about XJT. Compared to other regionals its a decent place to work.