• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best Regional Airline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Comair has never furloughed an employee, but they did have that fiasco last summer. I think I would rather work for a company that furloughs 40 pilots then one that won't give their pilots a decent contract without them having to go on strike for 2 months. I think if Comair had the amount of surplus pilots that we do they would likely furlough as well. We geared up for a big expansion for UAL, but that is being delayed now. Still getting CRJ's but they are just replacing 328's right now.

As far as payscales go for the CRJ current range is $56.65 for a second year captain increasing approx $2 a year for a 16 year max of $86.69. We get raises annually until 2005 with that years pay scale stretching from $63.66 to $106.60.

2nd year FO pay is $35.01 as of next year.

Of course, this debate is meaningless if you are in the market for a job right now. Comair is hiring and we are not.

Do you get burned using that Crack Pipe?

ha ha ha! That's pretty funny. Skydiverdriver found a furlough proof airline. I guess that makes Comair better than UAL, NWA, AA, TWA, USAir, Continental, AWA (yeah, maybe) and numerous others... as long as you overlook the fact that UAL, NWA, AA, TWA, USAir, Continental, AWA (yeah, maybe) haven't EVER done PFT... and since we're at it, you can add AWAC to the list.

"My that water is cold! "
"Yeah, and deep too."

I'm tired and a little cranky... humor me here: The "regional jet leader in the world." Good for you. Considering quality of life, unless you want to live in Northern Kentucky or Southern Ohio, you have to commute to the center of the regional jet world.

Enough

S.

SkyWest Gets My Vote

Here's something else to add. http://www.skywest.com/cp-menu3.html

-checkout the 4th bullet below General Information

I've been with SkyWest 9 years and I cant think of any other regional I would want to be with.

Just my two cents

Last edited:
I think we were talking about regional airlines. Our strike was not about a descent contract. We were trying to change the industry, and make it better for all pilots. You are welcome, whether you realize it or not. That is why we were out for 89 days. We are still the best small jet operator.

PS, if you want to work for an airline who would not rather you go on strike than give you a descent contract, I guess your only choice would be Southwest. I know all of the other ones would have done the same. Good luck to you.

SkyDiverDriver,

Everyone in the regional airline industry really appreciates what your pilot group went through to "raise the bar." However, my point is that your management would rather see the airline bleed millions of dollars, trying to pit other employee groups against the pilots, before giving you the contract you deserve. Good management would have negotiated the contract you received right away - or at least 15 min after the strike deadline as ours did.

I believe the best regional would be the one that operates where you want to live. I hear the skiing isn't that great in N. Kentucky, so Air Whiskey is the best for me. If I lived on the west coast it would probably be SkyWest. If I lived in Cheyenne it would be Great Lakes.... maybe not.

Sir,
They DID offer us the contract that we signed before we went on strike. We had to turn it down twice, and essentially the same contract was signed before we went back to work.

If living in a certain place is important to you, I would suggest you look into a line of work that would make that possible for you, or you should commute. I'm from Phoenix, and the only descent airline there is one that I would rather not work for. Sometimes, you just have to move, or change.

So, I guess I would agree that the best regional airlines for YOU would be Air Whisky or Skywest. I was answering the original question, who is the best regional airline.

I'm not trying to stir up anything here, but as far as I know, Air Wiskey's old contract was in most aspects superior to Comair's new contract. Please explain why your situation is better. I'm not sure that our pilot group should thank you guys for striking, it did not do anything for our position.

I know you are proud of your company, and i'm glad you're happy to work there. Good for you.

Latest resources

Back