• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best Regional Airline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Comair has the absolute worst management of any regional out there today. They harass pilots, make pilots violate their contract and tell them to grieve it, make you go to your doctor and get a note when you call in sick, and take pleasure in making your life miserable.

Oh yeah, the "greatest regional airline".

Skydiverdriver, you have been smoking the company's crack to much. Please don't tell me how good the new contract is, I KNOW!

I never said the contract was good, and it's readily apparent that I'm dealing with some overgrown children here. I have news for you, all regionals treat their pilots in the way you describe. I've worked for four of them, and I know what I'm talking about.

So, if you want to work somewhere not willing to let their people go on strike, I guess you better scratch United, American, Continental and Northwest off your list.

Good luck to you.

Skydiverdriver,

Have you ever worked for SkyWest if so how long ago? I was wondering if you can tell me how they treat their pilots. Sounds like you might know.

Thanks in advance
Obadie

ACA is a pretty good deal. We have a good commuter clause in our contract; will be all jet by the end of 2003 (all J-32's are in the desert;) descent pay-scale (top-end is $100/hr.) Domiciles in LGA, ORD, BOS, IAD, and now CVG. Plus unlimited Write-Your-Owns on UAL for all pilots whether you fly Delta or United aircraft. The quick upgrades (one year for Dorner CA) will return again eventually.

Add bidding on line for free and the fact that we are a strongly unified ALPA pilot group and I'd say we are one of the best deals around.

Our retirement is kind of lame. Just a 401k with matching up to 5%, but that percentage increases if you are within a certain number of years to retirement.

On the downside? Low first-year pay (around $23/hr) and only $200/week until IOE is complete and no hotel during ground school. Also, there's been a lot of complaints about our schedules, especially from the more junior guys. :eek:

The best regional is the one giving you a pay check each month....that is until a better one comes around;)

throttlejockey

Latest resources

Back