• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best Positioned Fractional

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Have to agree with that - I hardly think someone ready to go with a Frac is going to sit around twiddling their thumbs for two years.

They might... or, more likely, they'll test the waters with a MarquisJet card (for something that's available now) while they're waiting!

do you know how over priced those cards are. If they value their money they would not do that for two years.

do you know how over priced those cards are. If they value their money they would not do that for two years.

No, I don't know. Why don't you tell us just exactly how over priced those cards are.

Compare and contrast lowspeed, real numbers with something to back it up, not just your theories.
We will be waiting.

If our owners and cardholders valued their money over our product, they'd be flying coach. Clearly, they don't see us overpriced.

Expensive? You bet. Overpriced? 722 airframes (and growing) suggest otherwise.

Last edited:
No, I don't know. Why don't you tell us just exactly how over priced those cards are.

Compare and contrast lowspeed, real numbers with something to back it up, not just your theories.
We will be waiting.

Here's some numbers:

For a NetJet Hawker 400XP the rate is $5,280 per month plus $1,654 per hour. That's $146,060 per year. Divided by the 50 hours you get comes out to $2,920 per flight hour as an owner.

A Marquise card holder on the same plane would be $135,500 for the card and tax plus $1,075 for the fuel surcharge. For a 25 hour card that comes out to $6,495 per hour.

So let's summerize:

Owner = $2,920 per hour
Card holder = $6,495 per hour

Those numbers good enough for you?

I think lowspeeds point was valid.

Last edited:
You're missing the purchase price (and depreciation) of the 400XP share, which is a rather large piece of the puzzle.

Yes, his point was valid -- there is a price premium to be paid for the no-commitment aspect of the card. But it's not as outrageous as he makes it out to be.

What? Depreciation on a 1/16 share of a Hawker 400XP over 5 years at a stagering 20% is only $100K and it's a write off taken up front.

how did I make it out to be.... it is almost 2.5 times as much, I think thats pretty high. You guys are so defensive over everything, it is really funny. You would think with all your fancy perks and industry leading contract you would chill out a bit.

how did I make it out to be.... it is almost 2.5 times as much, I think thats pretty high. You guys are so defensive over everything, it is really funny. You would think with all your fancy perks and industry leading contract you would chill out a bit.

Seriously, $2920/hr or $417/seat/hr(cheaper than 1ST class)??? Does it even make sense to you? I hope he doesn't calculate fuel burn using the same fuzzy math.

we are chilled. its just that glasspilot is trying to argue to cost of owning a plane without factoring in the biggest piece of the cost: The cost of the plane!! The cost of driving your Corrolla is not just gas and oil change, you know.

Latest resources

Back