Best places to get a 737 type

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Cookie Monster

I am interested in getting a 737 type and I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions or stories about their experiences.

Aeroservice in Miami worked well for me. It was pretty cheep and had good examiners on sight. Higher Power has some pull with Southwest and appears to be good as well.

<--- Agrees with Dirty Sanchez.

Failing that you could always sell your SOUL to the devil or buy an $8000.00 lottery ticket on the off-chance that a certain company will interview and then hire you.

PacoPollo said:
Why they dont consider that certain Company PFT?

Because you're not paying them to get the rating and they don't care how you get it. It sucks to drop that kind of coin with no guarantee. However, their football, their rules.

Yeah. Back in the day FSI provided training. So you didn't pay Chautauqua, Continental Express, Commutair, Pinnacle (Express 1), etc. to get the training -- you paid FSI.

Personally I think it's pretty crappy of SWA.

I got a 737 type the old fashioned way. I flew for a company with a 737.

BenderGonzales said:
Yeah. Back in the day FSI provided training. So you didn't pay Chautauqua, Continental Express, Commutair, Pinnacle (Express 1), etc. to get the training -- you paid FSI.

Personally I think it's pretty crappy of SWA.

I got a 737 type the old fashioned way. I flew for a company with a 737.
True, but you were paying for FAA required training and I'm pretty sure they weren't typing their new hire FO's. If you happen to get a type from the military or a previous job(like you stated) it would cost $0.00! If you wanted a job at the places you listed above, you were paying whether you had 0 hrs or 1000 in type. In SWA's case, it's a requirement because they want it to be, not because the FAA says so. Not that it makes your check book feel any better.

get the type and you'll break even and then some in your first month at swa.

i totally understand where you guys are coming from, but swa can do/require whatever they want because they pay well

Latest resources

Back