Best place to get a B737 type?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Kezwick

I am a regional captain. Where is the best place to get one that is the most cost effective/best training. Looking to get a type to be more marketable. Don't want to go to a place that nickel and dimes me but want to be trained well. Any thoughts???

Unless you have an in at SWA it's a waste of time and money.

If you are that intent getting one, I would say HP for the money and connections.

Yep. Unless you have a job at SWA waiting, it's nothing more than a good way to pi$$ away a few thousand dollars.

Waste of money. Won't help you a bit. Only thing that will help you right now is knowing the right people.

Get hired at any airline that flies the 737. Get your type immediately. For free.

When SWA begins not requiring a 737 type before hire date and actually gives it during new-hire training (like the rest of the industry)..then we will have further evidence of a pilot shortage. I suspect that CNN will be reporting simultaneously that hell has actually frozen over.

I am a regional captain. Where is the best place to get one that is the most cost effective/best training. Looking to get a type to be more marketable. Don't want to go to a place that nickel and dimes me but want to be trained well. Any thoughts???

Couple of things... Not really going to make you more marketable, it will only be good if you are actively pursuing SWA. Type rating without time in type is almost as worthless. If you get one and put it on your resume, be prepare to answer questions from recruiters like.. "Oh, I see you have a B-737 type. Going for Southwest? Did you get rejected from SW? Will you leave us when SW calls?" Just something to think about, seen and heard it first hand.

I got a 737 type on my own many years ago and got hired by a 737 operator not named Southwest because of that type rating. Have not had to look for a job since and that was over 30 years ago.

Latest resources

Back