• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best place to get a B737 type?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yep. Unless you have a job at SWA waiting, it's nothing more than a good way to pi$$ away a few thousand dollars.

Waste of money. Won't help you a bit. Only thing that will help you right now is knowing the right people.

Given the sheer volume of apps for the very few spots available at SWA, NOT having the B737 type is the easiest way to tell SWA you're not serious about a job there yet. Without it, the people you know prolly can't even get you past the screening filters.

If SWA is at the top of your dream job list, go ahead and make yourself competitive via the type. It is worth the investment if you get the job. If SWA is not where you want to be, spend your time/money on something else. Like ammo.

I was very pleased with Higher Power--great people and great training. Or the previous suggestion of another company flying the 737. Three or four of my new hire classmates (2008) picked theirs up at a legacy while waiting for SWA to call.

Three or four of my new hire classmates (2008) picked theirs up at a legacy while waiting for SWA to call.

Says a lot about SWA if people were using legacy jobs to simply get a type-rating and hope they get some LUV. Are people still doing that? Especially with the now-projected retirement/growth rate at legacies?

Given the sheer volume of apps for the very few spots available at SWA, NOT having the B737 type is the easiest way to tell SWA you're not serious about a job there yet. Without it, the people you know prolly can't even get you past the screening filters.

If SWA is at the top of your dream job list, go ahead and make yourself competitive via the type. It is worth the investment if you get the job. If SWA is not where you want to be, spend your time/money on something else. Like ammo.

I was very pleased with Higher Power--great people and great training. Or the previous suggestion of another company flying the 737. Three or four of my new hire classmates (2008) picked theirs up at a legacy while waiting for SWA to call.

I was operating under the assumption that it was to simply make him more generically marketable. If you want SW more than anything, and are willing to risk a few grand of your own money, then sure, go buy it. But UA, DL, AA, anybody else isn't going to care, especially if you have no time in type. On that premise, it's just a waste of money.

Get an A320 type. Far more valuable and only slightly more money.
Absolute, total, complete waste of money.

Nobody gives a crap if you went out and bought a type rating. It proves nothing other than you had a few grand to pi$$ away.

Agreed it is watste if money. Don't buy a type for SWA. Get hired first then get it. With the others hiring there will be more pressure to accept applicants with out the type. The benefit of having it for SWA is minimal and getting less so.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back