• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best place for 737 type?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have a call in to the folks on top of the page, They have a $5995 deal. Anyone ever heard of them? Flight Training International. Better yet has anyone gone there for a type?

I just started class with them. So far so good. You'll have to get back to me in a couple weeks for a full review.

I choose them since they're here in DEN and I already spend enough time away from home.

737 type, Flight Training International

Hey guys,
Just letting you know that I just got back from Flight Training International for my 737 type and the training was incredible. My class had only 3 people in it and the training was soooo personable. The instructors were great and they made the checkride a "no-brainer", which is perfect for me. The cost was $6,000 and luckily I stayed with friends for free in Denver. If you want a hotel, I think it's about $35/night. We got the training done in 12 days, and as long as you get some studying done before you get there, you won't ever feel like you need to pull "all-nighters" studying. Everything was great. Yes, it was in the 200, but I really didn't care, just wanted the Type.

I was in the class with 11daysoff and second everything he said. Classes are always small as they are limited to 6 people. This makes getting through the ground portion a breeze. Rich, the ground instructor, has been teaching the airplane for many years (he's a UAL ground instructor as well) and did a great job. The sim instructors are true professionals as well.
If you want to spend the extra money to go elsewhere it's up to you, but FTI is the best deal out there.

And 11daysoff - let me know when you get the call to interview with SWA!

Ditto on Aeroservices, Inc in MIA.

I did my type there, and to sum it up in one word: Miserable.

I highly recommend going elsewhere.

HC

Aeroservices, Miami: Not Recommended

I join the crowd and say stay away from that facility. Spend your money anywhere else. I tried to do business with the facility, flew 1500 miles to meet with them and the POC was a no show for our pre-arranged meeting. Aeroservices called him on the phone. He promised he'd show in 20 minutes and 45 minutes later he is still MIA. You would have thought he would have called or emailed to say how sorry he was. I didn't hear squat from him or the company .... my thoughta are they are poorly run or frankly they just don't care ... either way, spend your money on a company that has some customer service.

Yo folks, Higher Power is where I did my type and they were great. As mentioned, someone from SWA People department came over and handed out SWA sunglasses and answered questions. Mark Sterns (I believe still the guy running HP) is a great guy with good rep at SWA.

As for -200 Type training, true, a 737 type is a 737 type, regardless of the model. HOWEVER, a. you will not fly the 737-200 at SWA as we get rid of all of them by early next year, if not Dec this year. b. If you go to the second half of the interview process, you will do a training scenario (no right or wrong answer they say) probably on a card board trainer. As small a difference as it might seem, why not have the cardboard trainer look like what you did your type in, ie, NOT a -200. Might be a little edge to feeling comfortable in the scenario, even if none of the dials move, they at least look like what you spent $7000 to fly. Just a thought.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back