Best place for 737 type?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

embraerdriver

Wher is the best place to get a 737 type, and do I need anything more than a 737-200 for SWA?

I did a search and wasn't very succesful.

Thanks...;)

I just had two buddies of mine get type's at Higher Power in Dallas. They both raved about it and could not have been happier. Southwest also stops by there once a class or so, good contacts from what I hear.

I did Higher Power and was very pleased. And no, you don't need anything special in the 200 or 300 category, as discussed on the Fedex 737 rumor thread, a 737 type is a 737 type. Some guys might say that if you train in the 300 it will be closer to what you would fly at SWA. Which is true since there are only a few 200s left and no new hires will probably ever see them, but if it cost more money or anything else, I don't think it would be worth the money. IMHO. And frankly, depending on what sims are open that week you might end up in a 300 for the sim portion even though you did ground school for the 200 (which is what I did 2 years ago at HPA). Just 4 hours of differences training, no extra charge.

K & S Aviation

Awesome people

Here's the link, not sure how to insert a hyperlink on here though.

I guess you'll have to cut n paste the old way

http://www.b737-training.com/

Don't forget to order Steve's B737 CD Rom which is simply awesome too. He charges only $45 for K&S students for the 737 systems CD. A great help for sure.

For non K&S students it's $65. Well worth the money!

http://www.737systems.com/

Hope this helps,

jimEJet

Higher Power. Very well run program. American Airlines instructors. As the above post stated, you may have the option of training in the -300. A few in my class did train in the -300, I could have, but my schedule wouldn't permit it. Higher Power is extremely flexible in scheduling. I had to break the ground school in two sections because I couldn't bid the entire period off.

Regardless of the sim you train in, it still says B-737 on your certificate.

http://www.jetcrew.com

Higher Power in Dallas gets my vote for the best place to get the 737 type, I had to break my schedule up also, they will do whatever you need to help you through the program.

Higher Power is $7,380., if you put your life on the line and served your country it comes out to $2,952. I got $4,428. exactly 60 percent reimburesed from my GI Bill.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back