Best pilot shirts?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sleepy said:
Pre-treat with OxiClean spray, then add the OxiClean powder to the wash. Also try Mrs. Strewarts Liquid Bluing Drops.

Thanks for adding those tips, sleepy. I manage to keep up with the stains these days, but if they get bad again, I'll try the Oxi.

Landerwood

I'll heartily second Landerwood. And Joe Claar is the nicest guy you'll ever meet.

I'll make it three.

Landerwood shirts are the best shirts made PERIOD. I have never been more comfortable in any other shirt.

Additionally, if you wear a clip-on tie, the button down collar version of the shirt helps to disguise the clip-on, and gets rid of the tendancy for the collar to "flip-up" as you wear it.

Landerwoods are about 8-9 $ more than cheaper shirts but are worth every penny in my opinion.

Made in the USA as well.

Re: Launderwood.

Are these the shirts I see some guys wearing that appear to be perfectly startched with a nice tight knit (almost wrinkleless)?

I've seen some pretty sharp shirts out there that look ten times better than my company issue 60/40 cotton blend. I'm not looking for an Oxford knit. Thanks

Van Heusen

I wore Van Heusen shirts and loved them. They looked good and stood up to some of the worst coin-operated laundries in the world. I recommend them highly.

Once time you could purchase Van Heusen shirts direct from the factory. I dunno if you can anymore, but here's a link to a Van Heusen shirt seller.

I also like Van Heusens. You know, I just realized how much good info there is on this board. Thanks to the friendly people here, I've got my wardrobe down to a science: shirt by Van Heusen, slacks by Slates, shoes by Rockport, sunglasses by Serengeti. Now if only someone would take a poll on best socks and underwear... (Actually, I have yet to find a decent *dark* navy necktie.)

But what about the really important questions: Electric or blade, and condition or blow dry?

:D :D :D

How about decent, good-fitting women's shirts? My company issued ones are pitted and stained, and fit like crap so I don't want to order more of the same...

But what about the really important questions: Electric or blade, and condition or blow dry?

Blade first, the next day I use an electric. Too much burn if I use a blade everyday.

As for hair, Lots of gel, than hit it with the dryer to harden it up good, lasts all day.

www.vanheusespilotshirts.com is the link to buy direct from VH. Landerwoods are excellent, but not tapered enough for me. I use the Pilot House brand from www.pilotshirts.com , very good and very tapered.

David Tailor for the tie.

Neckties and ladies' shirts

Originally posted by Booker
Actually, I have yet to find a decent *dark* navy necktie.
Perhaps go to a good surplus store or make friends with someone in the USAF and get an AF issue tie.

Shan, why don't you look at the link I posted for Van Heusen shirts? The place sells ladies' shirts, too.

It is amazing how much helpful info there is here. I hadn't held a medical for years. I posted a request and a kind person hooked me up with a great AME.

Latest resources

Back