• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best pilot cars

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1992 Range Rover County is my town car and toy.

1987 Chevy S-10 Pickup for the airport car. Not a scratch, but plenty of jet fuel fallout on the paint. Runs like a top and has cold a/c.

1994 4 Runner for the wife.

We FIRMLY believe in letting someone else depreciate the car for a few years. ;)

I drive an '03 Jetta turbo. I know the military pilot stereotype is something with two seats and more horsepower than it knows what to do with, but looking around the OG parking lot, those are pretty rare. Most pilots I know have a pretty much white bread 4-door sedan.

Of course, my VW will beat a Camaro or Mustang 6-cyl off the line and tears up most U.S. or Japanese cars through the slalom :cool:

Of course, my VW will beat a Camaro or Mustang 6-cyl off the line

thats cause the six cylinder mustang and base camero dont break 200hp. (the mustang is 193). Despite the decent pickup your turbo may put out it'll get smoked by some real muscle versus the boost you get at high rpm.

'97 Ford Explorer. You gotta love Ebay. I also have a fully dissasembled 1970 VW bug. It is a long term project I began back when I was in college before I even thought about being a pilot.

Top this!
'88 Samurai.
Rust in the rear, removable doors and top, and camo paint. Fuzzy a$$ black seat covers that always leave a little fuz on my camelback nozel, and almost the most aerodynamic vehicle in the world. I can actually be pulled by a big rigs draft if I get close enough. lol

I can't believe the thread has gone this long without mentioning the Chevy Chevette. All these playboy hot shot pilots and no one with a studly Chevette? Of course, mileage unknown, bonus points if you have any of the hub caps left.

AMEN to paid off cars!

Gotta keep the wife in something newer and reliable, but as long as mine gets to work and back and starts all the time, its a winner!! Money is better spent elsewhere!!

Gotta laugh at the few pilots who drive 50-60K luxury SUVs and $hit like that...I have even heard of 900$/month payments on these F'n things!!

Car payments are a huge waste!! ...

now, boat payments.....theres another story...:rolleyes:

Mine: '89 Mercury Grand Marquis Wagon... yes it has fake wood paneling...

Hers: '90 Ford Tempo... rusty, but it runs like a top...

Latest resources

Back