Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Booker said:
MRE is right, major captains are cheap.

There's a reson they are cheap. They were hired before "no furlough" clauses were standard fare in airline contracts and they got furloughed every winter for their first three years. After that, some mergers and more furloughs and all the time wondering how they are going to provide for their family this time.

I'm not cheap but I sure as hell am not going to waste $$$ with the industry in the tank like it is unless I've got a year's worth of cash in the bank.

So for now I'l' keep driving my beat up old Ranger. Once I've got the emergency fund set, I'll get the Vette. :D

Well here is one for all those who think only high paid captains are cheap. I drive a 1990 Mazada MX6. 142,000 Miles, Cruise Control does not work 4 of the 4 speakers are cracked and only 2 work, sometimes. Also my clutch is working but sticks to the floor evertime i shift. And dont forget the Blue paint that looks like the stone washed bluejeans from the 80's. O I almost forgot the three hubcaps that I have and the one I dont!!. But just when i thought i was to cheap to get all this fixed i met a retired captain with thousands of hours and much much more money. This is the ultimate cheap capt. He keeps all his old cups from all the fast food resurants and when needs a coke he stops in which ever is close for the free refill!!!!!

I have a 1990 Honda Civic LX with 299,773 miles and it is still going strong and a 1993 Honda Accord EX with 97,000 + miles.

I would rather be paying on my Lance than a new car.

I agree, Honda's are the way to go! Although I have a 2000 Accord EX right now, I plan on running it until it is on it's last leg. My last car was a Honda Civic and sold it with 263,000 miles for $1,700. Never had any major problems with it, it actually looked good too when I sold it.

86 Ford Bronco II...I never wash it....insurance and registration is almost nothing....never lock it...and the best thing of all is that the rear window opens upward so I can toss my boards in there and not deal with racks

BMWs

91 318i Black on Black - Hers
92 318ic Black on Black - Also Hers

Nothing fancy, well built, and easy to work on.

I got a sixty-nine Chevy with a 396
Fuelie heads and a Hurst on the floor
She's waiting tonight down in the parking lot
Outside the Seven-Eleven store.

Me and my partner Sonny built her straight out of scratch
And he rides with me from town to town
We only run for the money, got no strings attached
We shut 'em up and then we shut 'em down.

My airport car is a 1985 Subaru GL-10 4x4 wagon with 234,000 miles. Runs like a champ and I love it! It has been all over the country and has been very reliable. At home I drive a 97 Explorer XLT with all the options (a gift from my father-inlaw who I think took pity on me and my brown wagon!) but I still can't part with my lil' brown subaru! Fly/drive safe all- Wil

Latest resources

Back