• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best Net Book!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why are you turning the thing all the way off? Apple's like a restart every couple months but other than that they run for years without ever being off. Just put it to sleep and your fine.

Whoa whoa whoa, spool down there turbo. I NEVER said I was making a habit of turning the phone off all the time. I was simply asking what the "boot up" time of the ipad was in relation to an iphone, as well as a clarification of what he's using as the reference for said "boot up" time. Airplane mode or a complete power down.

Also, I'm pretty sure I've done a MAC OS update and needed to restart the computer. In other words, it had to be turned off.

Whoa whoa whoa, spool down there turbo. I NEVER said I was making a habit of turning the phone off all the time. I was simply asking what the "boot up" time of the ipad was in relation to an iphone, as well as a clarification of what he's using as the reference for said "boot up" time. Airplane mode or a complete power down.

Also, I'm pretty sure I've done a MAC OS update and needed to restart the computer. In other words, it had to be turned off.

Boot time is 17 seconds, but I meant that you just need to turn the screen on to use it. Battery life is 9-10 hours. I use it on 4 day trips, what the problem with more than day trips and an iPad?

Or you could wait a couple of months for Google's version of the Ipad. It will have there new Chrome OS plus all the little things Apple missed such as USB and I believe a DVD drive (not totally sure about that).

I am happy with my Toshiba NB205-N230. Awesome battery life and I've dropped it a half a dozen times and it keeps on ticking. I got it about a year ago for $310. I'm sure Toshiba has put out a successor model or two since then.

Last edited:
I use it on 4 day trips, what the problem with more than day trips and an iPad?

AS I'VE PREVIOUSLY STATED;

Depends on the needs of the individual, But touch keyboard can become tedious for some, lack of another browser for things that my not be compatible with the OS, no internal cam for video chat with the family, inability for run flash, etc.

I have an ASUS 1000HA...other than the Atom processor being a bit of a laggard with large programs or multiple open windows (it *is* a freaking $300 netbook after all) it works great. I've got the long-life battery that goes for at least 6 hours, and did a 2GB RAM upgrade which was very worthwhile for $30.

My wife has recently confiscated it for her use, so I've now got eyes on the new ASUS T91MT...8.9", tablet, Windows 7, SSD.

Thanks. Definaly want something I can use on a 4+ day trip and skype my family and use a keyboard.

MacBookPro. Try a MacBook too $999. My roommate has had his for 4 years. I have a pro 13".

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back