Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best Masters Degree to get or does it even matter?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skywiz

Lets say you had a master's degree and were applying to a Major airline for a pilot position, would they even care if you had a masters degree... and if they did, would it matter what it was in?

For example... Masters of Aero Science vs. MBA or non-aviation related

Just curious...

Gracias.

No, they will not care.

In my experience it doesn't even matter what your undergraduate degree is in, much less a masters. If I did get another degree, it would be a general MBA with no specialty so that I'll have the most latitude to market myself if I ever have to look for a nonflying job. I actually looked into getting an MBA, but I could never justify the cost at this point in my career.

Mba

I left is off my resume when applying for a pilot's position, put it on for a managment position. A Master's in business has been very helpful to me in understanding my personal finance, investing and other economic issues. I got it because it was free and it helped me get promoted in the Navy.

Last edited:
Depends on the airline. Some would rather if you don't - they can treat you crappy and you wouldn't go anywhere.

Others will rather take all pilots with advanced degrees.
And yes, if there are two equal guys with and without - they'd rather take a guy with.
I'd go and get one. As far from aviation as possible.

Good luck!

. I got it because it was free and it helped me get promoted in the Navy.

You might have gotten it free but we paid for it.....

A masters degree would invite scrutiny in an interview to see if your ego was inflated....

everyone pays

You might have gotten it free but we paid for it.....

A masters degree would invite scrutiny in an interview to see if your ego was inflated....
Ah! we meet again. Back to the thread, the one flying job I did put my Masters on I was asked asked about my ambitions outside of the cockpit. Why did I want to fly an airplane if I had Master's in Business? BTW A few of my friends paid in a different way. You could have easily, well maybe, recieved the same benefit.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back